Mission Statement: Bay Cove Human Services partners with people to overcome challenges and realize personal potential.
The Director of Human Resources executes activities to maximize the strategic use of Human Resources and maintains functions such as employee relations, employee experience, company policies/compliance, talent acquisition, benefits and wellness to create a positive, employee-oriented and high-performance culture.
You’re a Strategic Thinker. You are able to see the big picture, and understand how to strategically manage, lead, and scale the services, policies, and programs that foster engagement, innovation, and discovery at Bay Cove. You are skilled at shifting from reactive to proactive. You make decisions based on data, input and insight from the broader organization.
You’re a Leader. A self-aware and open leader, you are fueled by the opportunity to develop, mentor and empower team members. You meet people where they are and proactively foster a culture that welcomes, honors, and encourages diversity of thought. You have the confidence and experience to create a vision and enable your team to execute on it.
Director of Wellness and Benefits
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Monitor and ensure the organization's compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations and recommended best practices; review and modify policies and procedures to maintain compliance.
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in Human Resources, talent management, and employment law; apply this knowledge to communicate policy.
- Create, manage, and monitor recruiting activities dashboard such as applicant flow, new hires, transfers and promotions to identify potential areas of focus
- Manage employee relations matters throughout the organization by setting fair standards and maintaining relationships built on trust and respect. Work with legal as necessary on critical employee issues.
- Respond to ADA matters
- Develops robust talent management plans and drives culture change initiatives to attract, retain, develop, and engage talent in critical roles
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, human resources, psychology, related discipline required.
- Five to eight years of progressive experience in many aspects of Human Resources.
- Experience as a strategic business partner with credibility as a trusted advisor and confidant to people leaders on business issues and business strategy with the ability to link human resources as a driver and influencer of business performance.
- Comprehensive HR experience, including a complete understanding of and hands on exposure to the full mix of HR functions
- Strong project management skills with ability to manage short term deliverables concurrent with longer-term strategic milestones
- Strong communication, collaboration and influencing skills; ability to present to and facilitate audiences at all levels
- Utilizes a flexible and responsible work style that meets evolving needs of the agency.
- Works with integrity and respects the dignity and value of all individuals.
- Promotes diversity and inclusion of all individuals.
- Works in a collaborative, compassionate manner with stakeholder/ partners