Brentwood School inspires every student to:
Think critically and creatively.
Shape a future with meaning.
Brentwood School, a vibrant and diverse K-12 independent school, is seeking an Events Manager. Under the supervision of the Assistant Head of School, Events Managers are responsible for planning, organizing, executing, and managing school events from initial concept through implementation and any post-event activities. Each event manager serves as the Point of Contact (POC) for the specific events to which s/he is assigned, supporting the internal and external constituent (committees, faculty, staff, parents, students, etc.) hosts. This position is committed to delivering and ensuring the highest level of customer satisfaction and support to the Brentwood School Community and involves frequent evening and weekend obligations.
Duties & Responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- As POC, interface with event host(s) to coordinate details such as location, décor, catering, rentals, entertainment, equipment, public safety, custodial service, and transportation if needed
- In coordination with the Events Manager, Scheduling and Logistics, collaborate with other Events Managers to establish staff schedules and task assignments that conform to objectives established by the master calendar committee
- Host/manage virtual events as needed
- Manage event planning, design, and production to an articulated timeline, proposing ideas to improve services and event quality
- Negotiate agreements with outside vendors that ensure the lowest cost and highest quality of service in keeping with the budget provided. Seek multiple bids for large events
- Ensure “brand awareness” during events - represent and deliver service excellence in keeping with the Brentwood School Core Values
- Complete all budget management and accounting requirements (i.e., check requests, invoices, credit card reconciliations, excel data entry, etc.) in a timely manner that meets monthly deadlines
- Develop professional relationships within the team and with other departments. Model stable, consistent, reliable, and courteous communications when dealing with all Brentwood School community members
- Demonstrate effective time management, organizational, and leadership skills
- Proactively handle issues and troubleshoot any emerging problems
- Ensure compliance with insurance, legal, health and safety obligations
- Other duties as assigned by the Assistant Head of School or the Senior Administrative Team
Skills and Qualifications
- Prior experience in events planning and execution
- Background in customer service
- Knowledgeable hosting meetings/events/webinars virtually via Zoom or other platforms
- Experience prioritizing and managing simultaneous demands with a willing, friendly attitude
- Demonstrated collaboration on a team and cross-cultural competency
- Competent in Excel or other data management tools
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Comfortable standing, walking, and physically assisting with event execution
- Must be able to lift up to 25lbs.
- Vendor relations experience preferred
Brentwood School is dedicated to the creation of a diverse faculty and staff that better represents our student body and the city of Los Angeles. For further information about Brentwood School, please visit the school’s website: www.bwscampus.com.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume, and three references electronically to:
Assistant Head of School
100 S. Barrington Place
Los Angeles, CA 90049