Lincoln Center Theater is seeking a Director of Human Resources, Diversity, and Inclusion (Director of HRDI).
The Director of HRDI will provide comprehensive oversight, planning and management of the human resources functions of LCT while pursuing the organization's core values and strategic commitment to attract, retain, advance, and support a broadly diverse workforce of the highest level of excellence. The Director of HRDI reports to the Managing Director and is a member of the senior management team. This newly created position has no direct reports but works collaboratively with the Finance Department.
- Oversee, monitor, and develop (as necessary) comprehensive HR strategies, policies and practices that support the organization's goals and needs, and that create a diverse, respectful, welcoming, and inclusive work environment for all employees.
- Manage organization-wide EDIA (Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and Accessibility) and ABAR (Anti-Bias Anti-Racism) initiatives in collaboration with executive leadership and the staff ABAR Committee. Implement strategic planning and support processes that support inclusion and belonging throughout the organization.
- Oversee and coordinate administrative staff recruiting and selection process, with special emphasis on expanding the recruiting network to attracta diverse pool of candidates of the highest caliber. Design and implement strategies and protocols to build the capacity of all departments to interview, hire and retain a broadly diverse work force. Monitor compensation and benefits to ensure equitable treatment and industry alignment.
- Design and implement strategies, including ongoing education and training programs,to build the capacity of staff to work effectively, respectfully, and equitably across race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender orientation and expression, disability, and other social identities and diversity segments.
- Oversee a system of regular staff evaluation, providing guidance and training to supervisors to enhance effectiveness of evaluation process. Advise managers and supervisors on progressive discipline and performance improvement processes as appropriate. Conduct investigations when employee complaints or concerns are brought forth. Keep senior leadership and executive team informed of significant issues that emerge and advise on addressing them.
- Support strategies that encourage team building and increase communication across administrative departments and between administration and artistic areas. Develop and implement strategiesfor demonstrating employee value and Monitor organization's culture to ensure that it supports LCT's values and goals.
- Lead LCT’s compliance with federal, state, and local legal requirements (EEO, ADA, FMLA, ERISA, OSHA, etc.) Keep job knowledge up to date by participating in industry-related organizations and conferences and maintaining and expanding professional networks.
- Work with Director of Finance, Controller, and Finance Department in the placement and management of employee benefits plans for eligible non-union employees.
- Manage HR operations, policies, and systems, including personnel files, policies, and employee handbooks. Interface with and assist Finance Department regarding payroll, wage reporting, paid leave, workers compensation, and other matters.
Position Requirements and Experience
· Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in Human Resources, organizational development, or related field
· Seven to ten years minimum of progressive leadership experience and responsibilities in Human Resources positions
· Broad knowledge of and experience in organizational development, employee relations, recruiting, coaching and training, a strong networker
· Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work collaboratively and collegially within a multi-faceted performing arts organization while effecting and leading change where needed
· Experience and success in advancing organizational diversity, inclusion and equity strategies
· Professional Certification in Human Resources preferred
· Specialized training in organizational development, employment law, compensation, employee relations and staff training a plus
· Active affiliation with a broad range of professional networks and organizations and ongoing community involvement preferred
· Experience with non-profit cultural organizations and union environments a plus
· Evidence of the practice of a high level of discretion, tact and confidentiality
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills
· Excellent organizational skills
This is a full-time, exempt position with benefits, at a minimum annual salary of $120,000. Benefits include group health, dental, and vision plans, as well as the opportunity to participate in flexible spending, commuter and 403(b) plans.
HOW TO APPLY
Lincoln Center Theater is an Equal Opportunity Employer and ensures equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, marital or civil partnership/union status, familial or caregiver status, alienage or citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, military or veteran status, genetic information, predisposition, or carrier status, unemployment status, domestic violence, sexual violence, or stalking victim status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
We encourage all qualified individuals to apply. For consideration, please submit your resume, cover letter, and references to email@example.com. Please enter “Director of HRDI” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
For more information about Lincoln Center Theater, please visit www.lct.org.