Senior Analyst Student Administration
CSUN strives to be a destination workplace, where everyone understands that they belong to a community that is vital in advancing student success and providing exemplary service to all stakeholders. We foster an environment of success, both for our students and our employees. We have a relentless passion for celebrating diversity, equity, and inclusion as well as being an employer of choice. You will also have the opportunity to realize your own personal goals and be recognized for the work you do, and enjoy the unique value the CSUN community can offer. If this sounds like you, you've come to the right place. Learn more: https://www.csun.edu/about-csun.
Under the general direction of the Director, Enterprise Application Development, the Senior Analyst Student Administration provides overall leadership, project management, strategic direction, analysis, high level technical support and consultation to the managers and staff of the administrative and academic departments that utilize the various student record systems (including but not limited to Student Information Systems [SIS], student-focused Customer Relationship Management [CRM] systems, student application systems, etc.) and the systems they integrate with. The incumbent consults with area managers and staff, to recommend changes to business processes to make more effective and efficient use of software/technology and develops detailed project plans for the implementation of upgrades and enhancements to the software.
- Provides project support and detailed project plans for upgrades that affect student record systems.
- Is the primary point of contact for groups, directors, and teams across campus and is responsible for organizing the various stages of projects for all involved parties.
- Coordinates and communicates the activities of the CSU Chancellor's Office Common Management System (CMS) in addition to outside consultants as they pertain to the campus student records systems.
- Collaborates with other CSU campuses and CSU-wide groups on strategizing projects with an emphasis on best practices and coordination with on-campus stakeholders.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
*NOTE: To view the full position description including all of the required qualifications copy and paste this link into your browser: https://bit.ly/3paBzPQ
- Equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university in a job-related field.
- Five years of full-time, progressively responsible field-related experience, including one year of project management, team leadership, systems implementation and PeopleSoft development.
- Project implementation and project management experience, preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Extensive knowledge of general analytical methods and techniques, as well as specific detailed knowledge and experience with the Enrollment Management portions of the PeopleSoft Campus Solutions module.
- Good communication and programming skills including SQL, SQR, PeopleCode, Application Engine, and PS Query.
- Ability to examine logs and investigate the root causes of errors therein.
- Knowledge of student-focused Customer Relationship Management [CRM] systems and the CSUN-specific SOLAR instances, preferred.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
- The university offers an excellent benefits package, including but not limited to; medical, dental, vision, retirement & savings, tuition waiver and more.
- Classification: 0400 / Analyst Programmer
- The anticipated HIRING RANGE: $6249 -$9900, dependent upon qualifications and experience. The salary range for this classification is: $6249 -$12,100 per month.
- HOURS: Full Time; 40 hours per week; Monday through Friday.
- REG: This is a Regular position with a one-year probationary period.
- This job opening has been re-posted and will remain OPEN UNTIL FILLED.
- This position is a sensitive position as designated by the CSU.
- A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
- The person holding this position may be considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
- Candidates should apply by completing the CSUN on-line application. To submit an application and for more detailed information on the application and hiring process, please visit this link: http://www.csun.edu/careers
Equal Employment Opportunity
CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, and disability. Our nondiscrimination policy is set forth in CSU Executive Order 1096. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting Recruitment Services at 818-677-2101.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2361068
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.