Upper School Choral and Orchestra Teacher
Brentwood School inspires every student to:
Think critically and creatively.
Shape a future with meaning.
Brentwood School, a vibrant and diverse K-12 independent school, is looking for a full-time Upper School Choral and Orchestra Teacher to begin in August 2021. Candidates should hold a Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Music or a related field) and have experience in teaching music to high school students in independent, public, private, or charter schools.
It is expected that a successful candidate would :
- Teach four classes throughout the school day including three choirs (Women’s Choir, Concert Signers, and senior choir, The Madrigals) and one section of orchestra
- Serve as an advisor to a group of students
- Make music meaningful and relevant by inspiring students
- Communicate with students and parents as necessary
- Work in conjunction with the Upper School and Middle School performing arts department members to ensure the program meets the students’ needs in alignment with other performing arts courses
- Utilize educational technology throughout instruction and coursework, especially technology for music education
- Plan and produce fall and spring concerts for the classes listed above
- Plan and produce smaller-scale arrangements for musical salons or other performances
- Assist in musical arrangements for school-wide ceremonies such as Veterans Day, Commencement, and others
- Engage and support students of varied identities, lifestyles, and beliefs
- Create an environment that fosters open discussion with the freedom to express varied points of view
- Perform additional duties and participate actively in the life of the school, including advising a student activity, chaperoning events, and attending student events
- Play a musical instrument(s), particularly the piano
In addition, a candidate should possess the following qualities and attributes :
- Strong collaboration skills and cross-cultural competency
- An interest in and openness to professional growth and development
- Commitment to equity and inclusion
- A sense of humor, warmth of personality, and energy
Brentwood School is dedicated to the creation of a diverse faculty and staff that best represents our student body and the city of Los Angeles. Information about our school can be found at http://www.bwscampus.com. Please submit a letter of interest and resume to the contact person listed below. In your letter, highlight your education and experience related to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Ms. Corisa Moreno
Administrative Assistant to the Upper School Director
100 S. Barrington Place
Los Angeles, CA 90049
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org