Alta Planning + Design is seeking a Marketing Coordinator to join our centralized marketing team and work in our Durham, NC, Baltimore, MD, or Atlanta, GA offices. This is a unique opportunity for anyone who is passionate about active transportation and the way it positively impacts our communities in need. If you are looking for an innovative organization who is an industry leader in active transportation, apply with us today!
** Due to COVID-19, this position is temporarily a remote position, but may require in-office attendance when it is safe to return.
A general knowledge of proposals and the ability to meet competing priorities in a timely, accurate and complete manner is required in order to successfully meet the requirements of this position.
The essential priorities of this exempt, salaried position are to:
- Coordinate proposal teams to respond to Requests for Qualifications (RFQs) and Requests for Proposals (RFPs), including scheduling kick-off calls, assigning responsibilities, participating in strategy development, and ensuring deadlines are met.
- Build firm profiles, resumes, project sheets, and other materials to respond to RFPs.
- Develop formal proposals including writing and editing some of the proposal, and appropriately formatting and proofreading the proposals for presentation.
- Assembling proposals in InDesign, applying quality control and copyediting, and submitting/delivering completed proposals.
Responsibilities + Tasks
Additional responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Leading post-proposal activities like file maintenance, data entry, and team debriefs.
- Developing and updating marketing collaterals including staff bios and resumes, emerging market documents and qualification documents.
- Supporting marketing activities including events and conferences.
- Gathering information from external consultants and internal technical staff for inclusion in proposal submissions.
- Tracking and monitoring proposal efforts and activities ensuring timely delivery.
- Participating in market research and other creative projects such as white paper production, branding campaigns and newsletter development.
This position requires a combination of skills, experience and education including, but not limited to:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, marketing, business or a related field of study.
- Two (2) or more years of experience in marketing.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, specifically InDesign.
- General understanding of the proposal development process for private and public agencies.
- Exhibits strong initiative, ability to manage competing priorities, multiple simultaneous projects involving cross-functional teams and the ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Exhibits accuracy, attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Good interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel or similar programs.
Preferred Skills + Certifications
- Experience in a professional services firm.
- Understanding of the planning and design process and enterprise-wide management tools (ex, Deltek Vision).