Vitamix is unquestionably the premium brand of high-performance “blenders,” but if you talk to people that own one, they rarely refer to it that way. It’s a “Vitamix” and is often considered as a piece of culinary ‘fitness equipment’ that is a critical part of a daily health routine and more broadly, a healthy way of life. And, it comes in a multitude of colors that allows anyone to match it to their other kitchen appliances - you don’t put it away, you show it off. Who knew fitness could taste this good?!
For consumers, Vitamix can be found domestically in places like William Sonoma, Sur la Table, Crate & Barrel, Target, Amazon, and at Vitamix.com. But with offices in the US and UK, Vitamix is found in over 130 countries around the world.
Ultimately, Vitamix is the Global-leader in high-performance blending solutions for home and commercial use, is preferred by more chefs than any other brand and is found in the top 50 restaurants in the world. It is relied upon by over 150 culinary schools in the US and has been used to train more than 52,000 students and master chefs worldwide. If it is not a Vitamix, it’s just a blender.
As our everyday lives change, Vitamix continues to expand its leadership position in the marketplace because of its raving fans and passionate advocates (and some of the best salespeople). The successful candidate will be a seasoned professional with 10+ years’ related experience. The Sr. Manager, Brand and Relationship Marketing will be responsible for developing brand communication strategies to generate demand and grow market share for both the Household and Consumer sides of the business. These strategies will be grounded in deep consumer/customer product and market understanding. This position will establish clear objectives for brand communication and a vision for short and long-term success by developing integrated brand activation plans, in partnership with the team’s Director, with the assistance of direct reports, agencies and cross-functional teams.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Partners with Director on annual brand planning, setting priorities, calendar and budget.
- Develops fully integrated marketing plans across advertising, retail, promotions and communications, in collaboration with cross-functional teams.
- Oversees project timelines, deliverables and approval process on marketing plans and campaigns.
- Builds and executes strategies, creative and communications across Household and Commercial divisions that differentiate the brand.
- Oversees localization of plans and roll outs across all international markets.
- Partners with the Business Insights team and research partners to determine brand health metrics to be tracked over time.
- Uses brand health metrics to establish campaign KPIs and goals.
- Leverages learnings to adjust brand activations based upon key metrics.
Brand and Integrated Marketing
- Owns the brand globally and collaborate with cross functional leaders on domestic and international marketing strategies and plans; drives integration across agencies and teams to have a consistent creative look and feel for the Household and Commercial sides of the business.
- Champions simplified process, communications and workstreams to ensure cross-functional teams have best in class relationships and integration of plans.
- Works with cross-functional teams, aligning all plans to annual brand objectives, priorities, and calendar.
- Oversees branding projects including brand style guide development to ensure a consistent look and feel across channels and staying relevant to target consumers/customer. Maintains a deep understanding of Recipe and Food Preparation guidelines and applies to campaigns, assets and activations.
- Oversees implementation of brand style such as photography and video development.
- Activates brand campaigns in accordance with guidelines.
- Owns the target consumer for Household, and possess a deep understanding of who they are. Inform consumer research projects for product development, marketing initiatives and campaign direction.
- Maintains laser focus on priority verticals for the Commercial business, and understands the User/Chooser dynamic; develops expert knowledge of their needs to inform the research, brand and marketing approaches.
Advertising and Media Strategy
- Leads the development of creative briefs and oversees agency management throughout creative process.
- Champions best in class creative; seeks out other categories and competitive brands to benchmark against.
- In partnership with Director, leads strategic media process including driving prioritization of initiatives, investment allocation and activities to align with brand objectives. Drives media type, investment allocation across the purchase funnel. Works with agency and cross functional partners to implement and oversee campaign progress. Tracks measurement and optimizes creative and budget/tactics as needed.
- Maintains digital first focus across all activation campaigns, creative, budget allocations and media plans.
- Uses data to develop and optimize activation plans.
- Recommends research needs to inform activation strategies such as shopper, creative effectiveness testing and mix analysis.
- Immersion in marketplace and consumer journey to uncover new communication opportunities.
- Ability to build and sell business case and recommendations for new strategies.
- Leads and mentors marketing team members to build and maintain the Vitamix culture, employee engagement and ongoing talent development.
- Stewards the Corporate CORE and culture.
The ideal candidate will also possess:
- Alignment with Vitamix’s culture and CORE which defines its Purpose, Mission, and Values.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, especially in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Expertise around Vitamix competencies: Strategic Thinking, Analytical Thinking, Direction and Empowerment of Others, Organization and Attention to Detail, Business Savvy, Creative Thinking Style, and Drive for Results.
- The ability to translate marketing objectives into strategies and plans. Proven success in developing and executing a comprehensive marketing plan that is integrated across multiple consumer touch points.
- A strong digital marketing understanding.
- Strong brief writing experience.
- The demonstrated success leading cross-functional teams/projects.
- Strong communication skills and ability to develop and present materials.
- Solid leadership and decision-making skills.
- The proven ability to manage and develop a team.
- Expert-level knowledge of marketing principles and practices.
- The proven ability to collaborate with and achieve actionable results through others, plus the ability to build strong and sustainable relationships, and the capability to interact within all levels of the organization.
- A Bachelor’s degree (four-year college or university) in Marketing, Communications, Business or related field.