Team IMPACT is a national nonprofit that connects children facing serious or chronic illnesses with college athletic teams, forming lifelong bonds and life-changing outcomes. Through Team IMPACT, a child battling illness becomes an official (non-playing) member of a college athletic team, attending practices, games, team dinners and more. After two years with the team, the child graduates from the program with demonstrated improvements in their optimism, confidence, and sense of belonging. Parents and siblings gain a community of support and a distraction from medical realities, and student athletes gain invaluable inspiration and perspective that will be carried with them long after graduation.
Team IMPACT is an equal opportunity employer, committed to cultivating an environment where diverse perspectives and backgrounds are embraced, and acknowledging that a team reflecting diversity will allow us to serve our communities better. To that end, we welcome and encourage applicants to bring their authentic selves when considering employment opportunities at Team IMPACT without fear or concern of discrimination/harassment.
The National Director of Marketing provides leadership and guidance to advance organizational goals, delivers strategic recommendations to Team IMPACT’s Chief Executive Officer and Board of Directors, and is responsible for implementing strategies nationally, across all marketing efforts and communication channels. This position reports to the Chief Executive Officer and serves as a member of the Executive team. This is a fantastic opportunity for a driven and inspiring leader to play a critical role during a time of extensive national growth as we scale up to create life-changing relationships for kids and families that need them most.
The National Director of Marketing is responsible for the success of the national marketing and communication goals of the organization, as well as contributing to the broader success of the organization through their leadership and support.
- STRATEGY: In partnership with the CEO, Executive Team, and key strategic partners, develop and execute a targeted and proactive year-round, cross-channel marketing strategy to meet three primary current marketing goals: increase enrollment of children and teams in our program; grow brand recognition on a national scale; help drive revenue to support national expansion.
- BRAND: Manage organization-wide brand strategy implementation: refine and track brand success metrics and the integration of the new brand across all communications locally and regionally. Oversee creative development and contribute to visual and copy direction.
- CONTENT: Utilize unique, innovative, and cross-channel storytelling techniques to illustrate the Team IMPACT experience beyond our “Signing Days”. Demonstrate to media, followers, friends, and donors the importance of our work and the need for their support.
- DIGITAL: Establish benchmarks, then develop and execute a metrics-driven digital marketing and social media strategy—increasing our followers, reach, and engagement, to result in new participants, awareness, and fundraising. Proven success in creating, managing, and measuring innovative digital/media campaigns, including paid, owned, and earned programs.
- ANALYSIS: Analyze performance of campaigns, identifying areas of growth and how metrics pair with organizational goals. Report to CEO regularly; present plan and progress towards goals at quarterly Board of Directors at Board meetings.
- MANAGE: Monitor and work within growing national marketing budget. Create and manage a high performing team, providing supervision, empowerment, and support to direct reports, while being a hands-on contributor. Coordinate agency providers, consultants, freelancers, and other suppliers, including contract negotiation and management – most frequently PR, paid media, website, design, video, and/or copywriter services.
- LEADERSHIP: Provide strategic thought leadership and develop key tools and processes to ensure ongoing success of marketing programs and external communication strategies. Engage in the development of corporate partners that will assist in helping market the organization. Participate in organization-wide problem-solving and decision-making as a member of the Executive team. Stay current with marketing trends to position Team IMPACT in the optimal place for continued success towards its organizational goals.
- Bachelor’s degree. MBA or advanced degree in Marketing preferred.
- 8+ years of demonstrated success, including senior level responsibility in non-profit, agency or corporate marketing/communications.
- Demonstrated track record of building, managing and mentoring teams that produce high quality results.
- Proven success in creating and launching effective cause marketing partnerships, media partnerships and communications platforms.
- Strong leadership, analytical, and strategic planning skills, including evidence of ability to work across organizational boundaries to achieve results.
- Demonstrated creation of marketing performance reports.
- Dedication to excellence in communications - written and verbal; possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Evidenced ability to operate in a flexible, entrepreneurial, and fast-paced environment.
- Experience in sports media/marketing preferred, but not required.
- Familiarity working with corporate partners or sponsors preferred.
- A belief in the power of sports teams as a vehicle for mentorship, social-emotional development, confidence, joy, camaraderie, and connection.
Team IMPACT offers a competitive salary and benefits, including health insurance, 401k w/match, and a generous PTO structure, and position title(s) that are all commensurate with experience and skills. Team IMPACT’s main headquarters are in Marina Bay in Quincy, Massachusetts, a few miles outside of Boston. This position is currently remote due to COVID-19, however upon return to the office, this position will require work to be performed at our main office.
Team IMPACT was certified as a Great Place to Work in 2021, the global authority on workplace culture. Come join our amazing team! Working at Team IMPACT | Great Place to Work®
How To Apply
Please email a resume and thoughtful cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications and stating how you heard about this opportunity to Careers@TeamIMPACT.org. Please note National Director of Marketing in subject line. Materials can be addressed to Seth Rosenzweig, C.E.O. Applications for this position will be reviewed on a rolling basis.