ABOUT LUTHER BURBANK CENTER FOR THE ARTS
Founded in 1981, Luther Burbank Center for the Arts is the North Bay’s premier arts and events center presenting world-class performances, nationally recognized education programs, contemporary visual art, and many popular community events. A 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, the Center is ranked among world’s top 100 performing arts presenters hosting performances in music, theater, dance, comedy, family programming and renowned speaker events; and serving more than 50,000 children and adults annually through its Education Through the Arts programs.
Located in the heart of the Sonoma wine country, the Center is owned and operated by the Luther Burbank Memorial Foundation, and relies on the generosity of members, donors, and sponsors to achieve its mission to enrich, educate, and entertain the North Bay community.
For more information, please visit www.lutherburbankcenter.org/
Working cross-departmentally with Programming, Development, Rentals, and Education & Community Engagement, this role’s focus is to increase consumer engagement to help the organization and revenue generating departments achieve the earned and contributed income goals (totaling approximately $11 million). This includes driving ticket sales; helping to increase rental clients, members, and program attendees; improving brand/organizational awareness; and optimizing fundraising to help grow donors through the creation and execution of targeted integrated marketing initiatives.
In collaboration with the President & CEO, board committee(s), and staff leadership, this position is also responsible for developing the annual and long-range marketing and public relations plans and championing brand integrity to grow brand identity in the community.
- Work collaboratively with Department Directors and internal stakeholders at all levels to plan and implement strategies to drive attendance of shows, educational programs, facility rentals, and fundraising events, and increase loyalty in a single-ticket driven environment.
- Develop and oversee the execution of detailed plans, budgets, schedules and procurement needs for multi-channel promotional campaigns, including, print and digital advertising, publications, promotional materials, displays, direct mail, e-mail, public relations, personal sales, website, and social media.
- Oversee the creation and execution of all public relations campaigns to ensure maximum coverage for the Center; may serve as a press spokesperson.
- Oversee all creative work (in-house and externally) including the design of all graphics, collateral, ads, videos, website content, sales materials etc.
- Be a consistent brand guardian and mission champion.
- Develop and manage external marketing partnerships with organizations, brands, agencies and serve as liaison to appropriate staff for artists’ marketing material approvals.
- Work closely with the Development team to help strategically create, optimize and implement fundraising and membership initiatives to reach new and under-served audiences, members, and donors; re-engage lapsed supporters; and cultivate existing audiences, members, and donors towards a deeper involvement with the Center.
- Provide cross-departmental marketing direction and deepen leadership integration to ensure strategies and tactical calendars complement one another to help build sustainable organizational growth.
- Work with Director of Development and President & CEO to continue building a “culture of philanthropy.”
- Lead market research and analysis including measuring patron satisfaction; communicate and disseminate data, trends and insights; utilize data to drive decision-making.
- Oversee departmental policies and procedures, workflow and staff assignments, budget planning and analysis, and employee performance and evaluation.
- Provide management support in long-range planning, strategic initiatives, and on-going analysis and evaluation of major decisions concerning the organization.
- Evaluate, improve, and streamline content creation and proofing systems and decision-making processes.
- Manage, mentor, and motivate an enthusiastic, committed marketing team.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university or equivalent experience; Master's degree a plus
- Minimum seven (7) years multi-channel marketing and communications, branding, and PR experience in a director or senior management role, ideally in the non-profit performing arts and/or entertainment field and/or at gate-driven visitation/attraction-based businesses
- Strategic mastermind who understands how to build integrated marketing campaigns to drive attendance and giving with an exceptional track record of defining and delivering results on-time and on-budget
- Strong public relations and media spokesperson experience
- Highly functioning, proactive, dynamic leader with integrity, creativity, an entrepreneurial “can do” attitude, and the humility to do “soup to nuts”
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage the implementation of simultaneous plans and programs while effectively meeting deadlines
- Macro-thinker that can provide company-wide strategic leadership with equal ability to be detail-oriented
- Detailed knowledge of design and production processes to enable oversight of departmental creative needs
- Experience building story-led marketing programs, integrated development and membership campaigns, and data-driven lead generation and sales promotions
- Systems expert with exceptional project management skills and customer service mindset with the diplomacy to manage the needs of multiple stakeholders
- Strong analytic and quantitative skills with knowledge to drive actionable insights
- Outstanding interpersonal, presentation, communication, writing and editing skills; ability to articulate ideas clearly, concisely, and persuasively in both written and oral format
- Equal parts confident and decisive, calm and flexible providing team motivation and exemplifying accountability and reliability day-to-day as well as during crisis and change
- Working knowledge of and experience with Tessitura and/or similar ticket sales systems, fundraising and membership databases (CRM systems), Microsoft Suite, WordPress, Patron 2, Google Analytics, Adobe Acrobat, social media management, and building email automation marketing flows; in-design a plus.
- Familiarity with artists, theater, dance, music, and comedy—from a variety of cultures and genres— a plus
- Commitment to and passion for the mission of the Luther Burbank Center for the Arts
SALARY OR SALARY RANGE
The salary range for this position is $100,000 to $110,000 plus full benefits.
To demonstrate our commitment to equity and equal pay for all, Cook Silverman Search will continue to post salary ranges on all of its job descriptions moving forward. The practice of not posting salaries perpetuates the gender wage gap and discriminates against people of color by causing individuals to negotiate from a disadvantaged starting point.
To apply for this position, or for additional information on the opportunity, please send a copy of your resume with a cover letter to Kate Harle at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications and inquiries will receive a response and be kept strictly confidential.
Luther Burbank Center for the Arts is an Equal Opportunity Employer.