Senior Instructional Designer
Tarrant County College District
Posting Number: F003849
Position Status: Full Time
Assignment Length: This field only applies to Faculty
Grant Funded: No
Class Code: 13
Pay Rate: Commensurate with education and experience
Location: TCC Connect
Department: CN eLearning
Manages the team responsible for training TCC Connect instructors, certifying TCC Connect online instructors, providing project management to online course development efforts, and collaborating with TCC Connect academic leadership and Department Chairs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Hires, manages, develops and evaluates a team of eLearning Instructional Designers and a Graphic Designer
- Oversees eLearning course development process in coordination with TCC Connect eLearning Instructional Designers, Department Chairs, and the TCC Connect academic leadership team
- Oversees and participates in instructor training and certification programs including development, scheduling, deployment, evaluation and revision in coordination with TCC instructional designers, Department Chairs, and the TCC Connect academic leadership team
- Participates in online program needs analysis and course development planning in coordination with TCC Connect academic leadership team and Department Chairs; Develops, revises, and maintains database of eLearning faculty, course development proposals, and courses
- Oversees the offering of professional development opportunities to eLearning faculty and staff in coordination with the TCC Connect academic leadership team and Department Chairs
- Serves on various department, campus, and district committees
- Gives eLearning presentations at appropriate campus and district levels
- Participates in updating and maintaining eLearning guidelines in coordination with the TCC Connect academic leadership
- Remains current in best practices, trends, and technologies used in instructional design courses
- Attends the workplace regularly, reports to work punctually, and follows a work schedule to keep up with the demands of the worksite
- Completes all required training and professional development sessions sponsored through Tarrant County College (TCC)
- Supports the values of the College: diversity, teaching excellence, student success, innovation and creativity and service to the College
- Supports the mission, values and 3 goals and 8 principles of the College
The duties listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Required Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures:
- Master’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- Five (5) years online teaching and learning experience, including course development
- One (1) year of experience working with learning management systems
- One (1) year of supervisory experience
Desired Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures:
- Quality Matters Peer Review Certification
- Experience working with faculty to develop competency-based certificates and/or degree programs
Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- Knowledge of eLearning instructional methodologies and learning theories
- Knowledge of different eLearning tools including learning management systems
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work extended hours, travels to other campuses as needed, and work in fast-paced environment
- Experience with computerized systems
- Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Special Instructions Summary: Applicants selected for interview may be asked to share examples of their design work.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2143718
Tarrant County College is an equal opportunity/equal access institution.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.