eLearning Instructional Designer - Accessibility
Tarrant County College District
Posting Number: F003850
Position Status: Full Time
Assignment Length: This field only applies to Faculty
Grant Funded: No
Class Code: 14
Pay Rate: Commensurate with education and experience
Location: TCC Connect
Department: CN eLearning
Coordinates, facilitates, and provides online course development services and faculty training.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as the intellectual lead to collaborate with faculty and academic component leadership at the institution to manage the accessible design process, sets standards for faculty, and develops learning resources to ensure the institution’s overall quality plan for instruction is being met
- Provides central oversight, technical leadership, and guidance to support academic components in the creation of accessible online learning objects and course content (including video, audio and multimedia production and accessibility compliance)
- Provides assistance in the development and remediation of course materials that meet the institution’s, state and federal accessibility standards; oversees training and support of faculty and staff in the area of online accessibility; conducts accessibility reviews of online and hybrid courses
- Coordinates, facilitates, and provides online course development services and faculty training
- Coordinates online instructional design projects from inception to completion
- Provides instructional design and course development support to online faculty
- Assists in the development of online instructional strategies, course materials, and assessments in accordance with researched best practices
- Provides support for the online faculty certification training
- Designs, develops, facilitates, and maintains training curriculum for TCC Connect instructors
- Researches and recommends online learning technology solutions
- Provides the TCC Connect Senior Instructional Designer with regular updates on all online course development projects
- Attends the workplace regularly, reports to work punctually and follows a work schedule to keep up with the demands of the worksite
- Completes all required training and professional development sessions sponsored through Tarrant County College (TCC)
- Supports the values of the College: diversity, teaching excellence, student success, innovation and creativity and service to the College
- Supports the mission, values and 3 goals and 8 principles of the College
The duties listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Required Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures:
- Master’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university in education, instructional design, instructional technology, or post-secondary teaching discipline
- Two (2) years of secondary or post-secondary teaching experience
- Two (2) years of related training and course development experience
- One (1) year of experience working with learning management systems
- One (1) year of experience with website design and development, including applying accessibility compliance techniques/standards (i.e., American Disability Act 508) and testing tools in creation and repairing of digital content
Desired Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures:
- Two (2) years of online secondary or post-secondary teaching experience
- Experience with proprietary learning technology solutions
- Experience working with research methodologies and techniques, processes and standards for planning and implementing instructional design and development, instructional technology and non-technology media and materials development and implementation principles
- Current on accessibility guidelines, WCAG, and ADA standards.
- Experience with ADA, W3C and 508 compliance
Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- Basic knowledge of web design and HTML
- Knowledge of Learning Theory, instructional strategies, curriculum standards, and assessments
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Special Instructions Summary: Applicants selected for interview may be asked to share examples of their design work.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2143591
Tarrant County College is an equal opportunity/equal access institution.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.