Senior Administrative Assistant - Civil and Environmental Engineering
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Months Per Year: 12
Employment Status: Full-Time
Seattle University will be one of the most innovative and progressive Jesuit and Catholic universities in the world, educating with excellence at the undergraduate, graduate, and professional levels. We embrace an intersectional framework for defining diversity in its broadest sense, including differences in gender, gender identity, race, ethnicity, generational history, culture, socioeconomic class, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship status, political perspectives, geographic origin and physical ability. Seattle University strives to be a welcome, open and safe campus climate for all who learn, live and work at Seattle University.
Seattle University has an exciting, dynamic opportunity for a Senior Administrative Assistant, Civil and Environmental Engineering to join our community.
Reporting to the Assistant Dean, the Senior Administrative Assistant is responsible for all administrative duties in the departmental office and supporting the faculty and students. This position supports the efforts of the Chair to lead the department and administer its academic programs.
* Provide general administrative support to the department chair and faculty as needed, including activities such as report and spreadsheet generation, data entry, copying, and scheduling and room reservations for department gatherings.
* Partner with the department chair and faculty to help implement strategic department goals.
* Support and assist faculty with teaching activities such as procurement of necessary supplies, interacting with Information Technology for classroom needs, and collection of course materials (e.g. syllabi, course grades) for archival purposes.
* Facilitate and assist with the course evaluations for faculty as needed.
* Coordinate with the college marketing director to maintain the department website, update social media, and collect faculty, staff, and student new items.
* Partner with the chair and faculty to coordinate and assist in the planning of departmental events, catering orders, processing guest parking, advertising and overseeing day-of-event activities.
* Maintain necessary departmental files and confidential student records.
* Assist with the hiring and on-boarding of new faculty and staff members.
* Request Letters of Appointment for part-time faculty and assist with the coordination of student workers.
* Reserve and track van requests with university transportation and public safety.
* Maintain lab access list and program alarm codes for nine lab spaces, and coordinate after-hours access list with public safety.
* Proctor exams when needed.
* Assist chair and faculty with academic research using university systems to gather and track student data and statistics.
* Maintain multiple listservs, MS Teams sites, and process student registration forms.
* Hire, train, and supervise a part-time student office assistant.
* Support faculty and staff recruitment efforts including training of new Senior Administrative Assistants within the college.
Budget Activity Oversight:
Provide accounting support, including:
* Track and balance financial records for department(s) budgets, including: payable, purchases, check requisitions.
* Order and record all equipment purchases.
* Maintain financial records for department(s) including check requisitions and financial reports.
* Issue regular year-to-date spending reports for the department chair(s), and reconcile departmental finances monthly, including management of PowerBI reports.
* Approve payroll for student graders and workers.
* Reimburse faculty and process equipment and supply orders.
* Manage Procard account for department.
* Assist with registration process and course enrollment, including manually registering students and monitoring waitlists and enrollment caps.
* Update annual class schedule, process room requests, maintain advising assignment and catalog building processes and management.
* Work closely with department chair to prepare and track paperwork associated with scheduling and curriculum changes.
* Enter course description edits, curriculum revisions, additions and deletions in the university’s online academic catalog management system, and submit to Academic Program Manager for approval.
* Work closely with department chair(s) to revise and enter class schedule and course specifics in Schedule Planner, the university’s online scheduling program.
* Work with faculty place textbook orders.
* Assist with the hiring and manage on-boarding of part-time faculty including requesting Letters of Appointment
* Assist with annual academic catalog updates and support ongoing program assessment and accreditation mandates.
* Provide reception services for the department. Interact with students, parents, faculty and visitors in person and on the phone.
* Respond to questions or refer students and others to appropriate contacts.
* Assist part time faculty and affiliates with using university software and logistics such as attaining keys, campus cards, parking passes, etc.
* Arrange facilities repairs when necessary.
* High School diploma or equivalent (GED) and two or more years administrative office support experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
* Experience with MS Word, MS Excel, MS Windows, MS Outlook and Internet Explorer.
* Experience maintaining a website.
* Ability to communicate effectively with others in writing, by phone and in person.
* Excellent customer service skills including the ability to create a warm and welcoming environment and work with diverse populations.
* Ability to organize, prioritize and multi-task independently with success.
* All candidates must show a demonstrated commitment to diversity and the university’s mission, vision, and values.
* All positions at Seattle University require a criminal history background check.
* Bachelor's degree.
* Experience working in an academic environment.
Seattle University, founded in 1891, is a Jesuit Catholic university located on 50 acres in Seattle's Capitol Hill neighborhood. More than 7,400 students are enrolled in undergraduate and graduate programs within nine schools and colleges. U.S. News and World Report's "Best Colleges 2017" ranks Seattle University 8th in the West among universities that offer a full range of masters and undergraduate programs. Seattle University is an equal opportunity employer.
In support of its pursuit of academic and scholarly excellence, Seattle University is committed to creating a diverse community of students, faculty and staff that is dedicated to the fundamental principles of equal opportunity and treatment in education and employment regardless of age, color, disability, gender identity, national origin, political ideology, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status. The university encourages applications from, and nominations of, individuals whose differing backgrounds, beliefs, ideas and life experiences will further enrich the diversity of its educational community.
Benefits at a Glance
Consistent with its fundamental Jesuits value, Seattle University offers a wide range of benefits designed to care for the whole person. Choose from three different medical plans, a dental, and vision insurance programs. Protect your income with life, short & long-term disability coverage, and plan for your future with a 5% employer contribution for retirement benefits. You may also take advantage of 100% paid tuition benefits for the employee and dependents, a subsidized transportation benefit, a wellness program with an onsite fitness facility, and a wide variety of campus events. Enjoy a generous holiday schedule, including a paid Holiday break closure in December, vacation and paid sick leave, and paid community service leave. For more information explore the Benefits website at: https://www.seattleu.edu/hr/benefits/
Please attach a cover letter with your resume when applying. Job postings are open until filled, unless otherwise specified.
To apply https://apptrkr.com/2759522