Financial Planning Analyst
FLSA Status: Exempt
Months Per Year: 12
Employment Status: Full-Time
Seattle University will be one of the most innovative and progressive Jesuit and Catholic universities in the world, educating with excellence at the undergraduate, graduate, and professional levels. We embrace an intersectional framework for defining diversity in its broadest sense, including differences in gender, gender identity, race, ethnicity, generational history, culture, socioeconomic class, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship status, political perspectives, geographic origin and physical ability. Seattle University strives to be a welcome, open and safe campus climate for all who learn, live and work at Seattle University.
Seattle University has an exciting, dynamic opportunity for a Financial Planning Analyst to join our community. Reporting to the Director of University Budgets, the role of the Financial Planning Analyst is to work with a team of professionals to meet the university’s growing information needs in regard to financial resource allocation, utilization, and planning. This position will both lead and interact with members of the Finance Team and many other campus constituents to create, refine, and support new and established reporting tools and perform regular and ad hoc analysis of financial information with the aim of ensuring sound stewardship of fiscal resources.
* Develop, generate, sustain, and ensure the distribution of financial management reports, models, and analysis from a variety of internal sources including the university's budget development tool, Axiom.
* Collaborate with the university's technology team to develop and promote formal financial reports available to all financial managers vie the university's reporting environment, InformSU.
* Craft presentations of data in multiple formats including models, narratives, spreadsheets, and graphical reports sufficient for effective and efficient executive decision making and organizational assessment.
* Collaborate with executive, financial, and technical campus constituents in scoping and developing new and improved financial reporting tools and processes within the university’s data environment.
* Develop, refine, document and maintain regular processes and procedures meant to ensure the integrity, integration, security, and appropriate access to budgetary information and systems.
* Assist the Director of University Budgets with initiatives led by the University Budget Office.
* Assist in training and on-boarding of new financial managers and administrators.
* Perform other related duties as assigned.
* Bachelor’s degree in computer science, analytics, business, accounting, finance, mathematics or related field and five years of experience in a professional environment or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
* Advanced analytical skills with demonstrated ability to discern/extract meaningful insights and recommendations from analysis.
* Proven ability to learn and master various forms of reporting and technical software and systems, including querying data from relational databases.
* Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
* Demonstrated competence in the use of Microsoft Office Excel, particularly advanced features of Excel-pivot tables, charts, slicers, advanced calculations, etc.
* Demonstrated ability to work independently while completing multiple projects and activities in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
* A successful candidate will know how to work effectively within a university culture and with a broad range of constituents of varying technical ability and financial acumen.
* All candidates must show a demonstrated commitment to diversity and the university’s mission, vision, and values.
* All positions at Seattle University require a criminal history background check.
* Demonstrated competence with a budget development and planning solution such as Axiom, Adaptive Planning, Longview, Oracle, Tidemark, etc.
* Experience successfully working within Ellucian Colleague or a similar ERP system and utilizing a related operational data store (ODS) and/or Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW)
* At least two years of experience in providing financial reporting and analysis in a higher education organization.
* Master’s degree in computer science, analytics, business, accounting, finance, mathematics or related field.
Benefits at a Glance
Consistent with its fundamental Jesuits value, Seattle University offers a wide range of benefits designed to care for the whole person. Choose from three different medical plans, a dental, and vision insurance programs. Protect your income with life, short & long-term disability coverage, and plan for your future with a 5% employer contribution for retirement benefits. You may also take advantage of 100% paid tuition benefits for the employee and dependents, a subsidized transportation benefit, a wellness program with an onsite fitness facility, and a wide variety of campus events. Enjoy a generous holiday schedule, including a paid Holiday break closure in December, vacation and paid sick leave, and paid community service leave. For more information explore the Benefits website at: https://www.seattleu.edu/hr/benefits/
Please attach a cover letter with your resume when applying. Job postings are open until filled, unless otherwise specified.
To apply https://apptrkr.com/2753663