The American Junior Golf Association is a 501(c)3 non-profit dedicated to the overall growth and development of young men and women who aspire to earn college golf scholarships through competitive junior golf.
The AJGA is committed to creating an engaging, safe, and inclusive environment. We welcome people from all backgrounds and believe in embracing diverse perspectives, we are better equipped to accomplish our mission of developing golf’s next generation.
The backbone of the AJGA is its internship program and we are looking for talented and well-rounded applicants to serve as communications interns. Interns will travel extensively throughout the United States during the internship to help conduct national junior golf tournaments.
- Execute the AJGA’s social media and promotional plans
- Photography / videography (shoot and edit)
- Create short and long-form content for the AJGA website and social media
- Create activation plans for AJGA sponsors
- Create sponsor impact content before, during and after an event
- Conduct interviews
- Work with local media
- Write and publish features and web stories
- Serve as on-course rules official, start and score players, and assist with overall operations as needed
- Monitor equipment inventory, maintenance and replenishment
- Public speaking
- Customer service
- Experience with Microsoft Office required
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite preferred
- Experience in photography, video, graphic design and/or social media preferred
- Excellent communication, public speaking, content creation and public relations skills
- Basic golf knowledge is preferred, but not required
- Outstanding writing and editing skills, with the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to think creatively
- Ability to learn quickly
- Excellent motivation, organization, communication, and work quality
- Willingness to take an active leadership role among diverse set of teammates
- Ability to thrive in a team atmosphere
- Must be at least 21 years old prior to the start of the internship
- Must have a valid U.S. driver’s license for a minimum of three years
- Must complete a Georgia Department of Transportation physical (expenses covered by the AJGA)
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- Must either be working towards or achieved a Bachelor's Degree
- Ability to work long hours and weekends
- Work outside in extreme weather, temperatures, and direct sun exposure
- Drive and operate a golf cart, company vehicles and travel via plane
- Use and operate company equipment, i.e. radios / walkie-talkies / cameras / computers
- Ability to spot golf balls on the course
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Communicate both verbally and in writing
- Lift equipment up to approximately 50 pounds
- Must follow all AJGA COVID-19 protocols
- Spring and Summer Season (March 7, 2022 – May 10, 2022 / May 18, 2022 – September 8, 2022)
- Dates are subject to change. End dates can be accommodated.
- The AJGA will compensate interns the hourly federal minimum wage ($7.25) plus time and one-half for overtime worked.
- Spring Interns on average will work 40 – 55 hours per week
- Summer Interns on average will work 50 – 65 hours per week
- The internship is 100% travel. You will travel week in, week out to different cities & states. The AJGA organizes all lodging in a combination of hotels, rental properties, and local-family homes.
- The AJGA will compensate most tournament-related expenses (all lodging, gas, laundry and some food).
- Travel to Atlanta for the start of the internship will be paid in full by the AJGA but travel home at the end of the internship is on the intern.
- Each intern will be provided with clothing and shoes.
- In limited instances a week off could happen for a team. In this case all travel, food and lodging will be on each individual if they determine to go home or stay in the city in which they are located. In this case, time off is unpaid.
- Spring Deadline: October 15, 2021
- **Spring candidate finalists will be required to partake in Virtual Intern Recruiting Week November 8 – 12. Your commitment will be 3 hours virtually over the span of this week.
- Summer Deadline: January 7, 2022
- **Summer candidate finalists will be required to attend a mandatory Intern Recruiting Weekend February 25 – 27, 2022. Travel, food and lodging will be covered.
- ***In light of COVID-19, there is a possibility Intern Recruiting Weekend will be virtual. This will be determined by January 7, 2022.
Please visit www.ajga.org/careers for all information. For any questions, contact Blair Sumner, Director of Recruiting (email@example.com).