*This opportunity is 100% remote.*
The Climate and Equity Researcher Principal/Director is a leader and collaborator on Slipstream’s understanding of inequities associated with existing and proposed energy and climate solutions. Co-creates innovative and disruptive strategies that benefit everyone in response to the climate emergency. Explore disparities in energy generation, consumption, climate resilience and affordability focusing on the production and persistence of inequality by race, class, and place. Through research and outreach, provide policy makers and program directors recommendations for building equitable and scalable climate resilient energy programs. This role is broadly recognized as a leader for achievements in their area of expertise.
Primary and Essential Responsibilities
- Develop and implement research strategies for Slipstream in areas of expertise; prioritize and execute strategic partnership activities to advance strategies; secure extramural and internal funding to advance strategies; publish results in high quality journals or other significant media; develop policy briefs on behalf of the organization.
- Develop and maintain relationships with influencers and decision-makers while improving visibly for the team and Slipstream work; monitor market, social and industry conditions specific to research; act as a liaison and champion of Slipstream initiatives within the industry.
- Manage and provide quality assurance for research projects and deliverables with respect to time, budget, issue resolution, staff direction, present outcomes internally, regionally, and nationally.
- Act as a subject matter expert and contribute to proposal content of research, program operations, and other departments to advance the mission of Slipstream.
- Review and mentor the work of team members.
- Conduct research to connect the areas of technological advancement, policy process, program implementation and social equity impacted by the climate crises and the energy revolution.
- Actively participate as a member of assigned workgroups.
Geological Engineering, General Business
Bachelor's Degree, Master's Degree