Amsted Rail – ASF-Keystone, Inc. a leading manufacturer of steel railroad castings is looking for energetic, friendly people to join our Granite City, IL team. The following position is available:
Quality Metrology Engineer
Amsted Rail is looking for an energetic individual to research, implement and apply new technology and applications at its Granite City Plant. This unique opportunity requires an innovative, self-starting individual to apply their creativity and vision to our product evaluation process. In addition, the employee will assist with technical issues relating to quality of products, metrology, non-destructive testing, and manage throughput of products. Applicants must be able to maintain a strong vision for the future and think creatively.
- Research innovative inspection methods, new opportunities, and inventive quality control applications for Amsted Rail quality operations.
- Coordinate and design implementation of new inspection methods into initial testing phases and design applicable production uses.
- Create new and innovative documentation procedures for new in-house technologies.
- Create new routines and perform new inspection operations for model-based inspection, utilizing solid models.
- Conduct product evaluations for quality management with non-destructive methods.
- Lead the creation of new process specifications and operating procedures for newly designed inspection methods.
- Interpret requirements from engineering drawings, reference standards and specifications.
- Help maintain quality departmental documentation, supporting both product evaluations and nonconformance reporting.
- Participate in company internal audits, certification audits, and support customer audits as required for quality management system goals.
- 4-year engineering degree with experience in engineering drawing and/or metrology systems (or equivalent CAD experience) preferred.
- Mechanical or Metallurgy engineering degree preferred
- Manufacturing experience with non-destructive testing preferred.
- Robotic programming experience a plus.
- Basic blueprint reading skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- Strong communication, energy, interaction skills, and creative thinking.
- Proficiency in verbal and written technical communications.
- Ability to work from written or verbal instructions.
Working at Amsted Rail:
We are a privately held, 100% employee-owned company! Our commitment to employee’s professional satisfaction includes creating space and opportunities to be creative and an integral part of our innovation journey and business success; for employee’s personal fulfillment, we invest in everyone’s growth and development while ensuring a work environment that values them as an individual, with their unique set of strengths and beliefs.