The Eli and Edythe Broad Art Museum at Michigan State University is seeking an experienced Exhibition Producer to assist with the planning and execution of exhibitions and will be responsible for coordinating work as necessary to craft excellent exhibitions within spaces.
Some basic responsibilities/duties will be:
- Contribute information for the design of exhibitions, creating renderings and other designs as needed
- Contribute exhibition implementation onsite, including calling meetings as needed, directing activities on the floor, and assisting with the budget estimations
- Responsible for preparing exhibition space for installation
- Installs and strikes permanent and changing exhibitions
- Mats and frames all artwork in the permanent collection according to archival standards for methods, materials, and proper presentation
- Monitors the museum gallery environment to assure temperature and relative humidity adhere to museum standards
- Interacts with HVAC professionals to maintain air handling system
- Establishes and maintains correct lighting in the galleries, following museum guidelines for exposure of objects to amount of foot candles and type of lamp
- Monitors and maintains the appearance of exhibition spaces
- Performs minor conservation treatments
- Prepares art objects and crates for shipment and storage
- Fabricates mounts and exhibition components
- Provides preparation information to public as requested
- Provides technical lectures and demonstrations as requested
- Oversees photo documentation of exhibitions in the galleries
- Oversees and coordinates off-site storage for exhibition components
- Working with registrar, coordinates off-site storage for crates, climate control, and security of additional storage spaces for the collection.
With these responsibilities/duties we want to always ensure high-quality exhibition results, completing on time and on budget; help to ensure all stakeholders are well represented and incorporated within a strong team environment. Ensure information is regularly shared as appropriate, to keep all stakeholders moving forward.