Based in Hillsboro, OR the Senior Director, IT, Materials and Structural Analysis Division (MSD) of our Analytical Instruments Group (AIG) will lead a global team responsible for the IT strategy and execution of systems supporting the development, manufacturing, distribution, services, and supply chain for our product and digital businesses. Our Materials and Structure Analysis Division designs, manufactures, and supports a broad range of high-performance microscopy, spectroscopy, and analytical software workflow solutions.
How will you make an impact?
The Sr. Director, Information Technology for the is responsible for IT strategy, leadership, technical innovation, and process optimization for the Division. This position works closely with our business and development leaders in creating and executing our digital transformation strategy. The role is responsible for defining and improving operational key performance indicators through best practices such as Lean/Agile methods and successful project execution. The candidate will be a member of both the Division and Group level IT leadership teams.
What will you do?
- In conjunction with Business and IT leadership, establish the long-term IT strategy for the Division, owning the high-level technology roadmap alignment and driving the IT priorities for the business.
- Support and work with business leadership to define and execute our digital transformation strategy.
- Establish and communicate annual plans, objectives and budgets and monitor their accomplishment. Review and approve proposed program budgets and timelines.
- Act as a champion for cross-business innovation and process improvement projects, leveraging use of Company shared services.
- Represents the IT function and leads activities for merger, acquisition, and integration efforts.
- Drive productivity and other improvements within the Division utilizing IT automation, systems, and integration.
- Direct staff in developing work plans for feasibility studies and systems development and implementation.
- Select, evaluate and develop staff to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget according to the agreed upon scope.
- Select, oversee and manage consultants, contractors and vendors and related contracts.
- Manage IT performance metrics, governance, and reporting cadence. Implement process improvements as needed.
Ensure compliance objectives are met.
- Develop key talent in technical and leadership roles and build a strong bench for succession planning
How will you get here?
- Bachelor’s degree in sciences or business required; MBA or degree in MIS, CS or related fields desirable
- Minimum 10 years of progressive IT leadership either globally or across multiple business units or sites.
- Demonstrated experience managing projects and programs in a highly matrixed, global environment.
- Demonstrated experience managing/motivating direct reports at all levels of their career, assessing skills, managing performance, and leading through others at the Director-level.
- Strong negotiation and communication skills. Strong business and IT acumen. Ability to speak effectively and articulate company value proposition with executive level contacts.
- Travel required (25-50%)
Computer Network Security, Database Administration, Software Engineering, IT Project Management, Software Development