Thomas P. Miller & Associates (TPMA), a growing national workforce development, economic development, and research and evaluation consulting firm, is seeking a team-oriented, driven professional to serve as a Director for the Economic Development Team. The Director is involved in scope development, report writing and preparation, proposal and business development, business strategy activities, and staff supervision. The Director will work with the Vice President and President to pursue business leads, grow new and existing lines of business, and develop innovative approaches to projects, both within the practice area and as a subject matter expert across other areas of work in the firm. The Director will work within a project team.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Works with the Vice President to establish, maintain and modify the staffing structure of the practice area as required to compete and grow the area's designated service lines.
- Provide oversight of the practice area's strategic, marketing, business development or other plans and reporting progress to the Vice President on a regular basis.
- Assign staff to tasks related to the development and implementation of practice area plans.
- Provide oversight of the practice area's achievement of revenue goals, utilization goals, subject matter expertise, and capacity to complete contracted and high probability work.
- Provide oversight of the practice area's active participation in industry-related associations, conferences, etc. within budget and tied to strategic and/or business development plans.
- Maintain an accounting of all professional credentials and association memberships held by members of the team.
- In collaboration with the BDAM Team, maintain a list of preferred subcontractors, including evaluation of their work and areas of expertise.
- Develop scopes of work and coach junior staff on the development of proposals, including scopes, project understandings, budgets and other elements of successful proposals.
- Lead Go/No-Go discussions in collaboration with the BDAM Team and Vice President.
- Lead and manage projects ensure on-time/ in-budget project completion.
- Directly and indirectly supervise members of the practice area team at multiple levels
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education/ Training & Experience:
- Master's Degree preferred (public administration, economics, statistics or related field)
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience in economic/community development or related organization.
Skills and Abilities:
- Entrepreneurial skills and demonstrated leadership of diverse teams or groups
- Knowledge of the region's workforce development landscape and key players
- Experience developing strategies for organizations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to identify client needs and develop strategic solutions
- Efficient project management skills to be applied in customer-oriented environment
- Strong interpersonal skills; possess the ability to communicate professionally and persuasively to many different audiences
- Ability to adapt in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple deadlines
Salary and Benefits
Salary for this position is based on experience of the candidate. Interested applicants should submit all of the following materials: cover letter, resume, work sample, and salary requirements. Please send materials to Mike Higbee, Vice President – firstname.lastname@example.org .
TPMA does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual origin, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.