Brentwood School inspires every student to:
Think critically and creatively.
Shape a future with meaning.
Assistant Director of Admissions
Brentwood School, a vibrant and diverse K-12 independent school, is seeking applications from qualified candidates interested in the position of Assistant Director. This is a 12-month position with a workload that can vary greatly during the course of the academic year.
The principal responsibilities include:
- Interview families applying to Brentwood School
- Read and evaluate admissions applications and materials
- Act as the liaison between Brentwood and designated referring schools
- Serve on Admissions Committees
- Represent Brentwood School as part of the Admissions Team at consortium meetings, school fairs, and additional recruitment events (some evening and weekend work required)
- Join the Admissions Team on school visits
- Assist the Admissions Team in planning and implementing prospective student and parent open houses in addition to special recruiting events
- Assist the Admissions Team in creating, writing, and proofreading all admissions materials
- Work with the Admissions Ambassador Program
- Manage the Tour Guide Program
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Admissions or Senior Administrative Team
The Assistant Director of Admissions should:
- Possess a detail-oriented approach to work and outstanding organizational skills
- Have excellent communication skills including writing, listening, and public speaking
- Be collaborative and flexible with a genuine enthusiasm for working with colleagues
- Cultivate an equitable and diverse school community
In addition, a candidate should possess the following qualities and attributes:
- Discretion in dealing with sensitive and confidential admissions issues
- Sense of humor, warmth of personality, and energy
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Strong cross-cultural competency skills
- Ability to engage students of varied identities, lifestyles, and beliefs
- A Bachelor’s degree is required
- Prior teaching and/or school experience preferred
Brentwood School is dedicated to the creation of a diverse faculty and staff that better represents our student body and the city of Los Angeles. For further information about Brentwood School, please visit the school’s website: www.bwscampus.com.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume, and three references electronically to the person listed below. In your letter, highlight your education and experience specifically related to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
100 S. Barrington Place
Los Angeles, CA 90049