Sr. IT Specialist (Section 508 Program Manager), CG-2210-14 (Permanent)
Chief Information Officer Organization
Division of Information Technology
Business Administration Branch
Audit & Internal Controls Section
Duty Location: Washington, DC
Number of Vacancies: 1 (One)
Open Period: 03/29/2019 to 04/12/2019
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: Applicants with status (i.e., current permanent Federal employees in the competitive service and former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility); those eligible for appointment under special hiring authorities; and veterans eligible for a VEOA appointment.
- Provide assistance and advice on the overall establishment of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) accessibility policies, plans, and programs for persons with disabilities as required by Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 to apply to electronic and information technology (EIT). Ensure effective management of risks and issues, planning and management of accessibility, continuity and efficiency of ICT systems and operations
- Serves as FDIC ICT and technology systems accessibility expert for the development, updating, and implementation of technical accessibility standards and control techniques necessary to ensure compliance with federal information processing standards and FDIC policies and procedures.
- Serves as a key advisor on the interpretation of accessibility policy issues and makes decisions on whether various EIT tools and practices comply with accessibility policies.
- Provides consultation and advice on development and implementation of accessibility and accessibility remediation plans.
- Performs analyses and interpretation of complex legislative, regulatory and/or policy guidance and their impacts to the FDIC program.
- Develops appropriate strategies, guidance and tools to advance the overall Section 508 program (e.g., to include risk analyses, validation of applications, and certification of testers and test programs).