King County Records & Licensing Services (RALS) is searching for an executive to serve as Deputy for the division. This position will take a lead role implementing policies, strategies, and projects necessary to support our residents' needs. King County is one of America's fastest-growing regions, and Executive Dow Constantine is building partnerships and working with employees to meet the key challenges facing the Northwest--equity and social justice, climate change, and regional mobility.
To do this, King County employees are embracing continuous improvement, instituting best management practices, driving innovation, and striving for second-to-none customer service that supports the people of King County.
This position serves as a member of our senior leadership team. This role involves daily interaction with staff from all levels including elected officials, agency stakeholders, and inter-jurisdictional partners. This role will require the incumbent to possess exceptional strategic leadership and project management skills, a commitment to building and maintaining a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture, a desire to achieve successful results, and be a driver of efficiency and innovation.
ABOUT RECORDS & LICENSING SERVICES (RALS)
RALS is recognized as a leader in service excellence and is building an enduring legacy of continuous improvement and employee engagement throughout our organization and services to public such as:
- Recording and making accessible real property and other documents for members of the public, businesses, and other governmental agencies;
- Collecting and dispersing real estate excise tax payments on the conveyance of real property in King County;
- Providing licensing and information services and promoting public safety by administering and enforcing licensing and taxi regulations;
- Providing internal mail services and physical and electronic records management services to all county agencies;
- Providing animal care and control services for the protection of property, human health and safety; and promoting responsible pet ownership and animal welfare through education and licensing programs through public and private sector partnerships.
To learn more about RALS, our mission, vision and goals, please visit our website at: https://goo.gl/QW608Y.
KEY DELIVERABLES AND EXPECTATIONS: To be considered minimally qualified for this position, you must demonstrate skill and ability to:
- Participate in the development and lead the implementation of strategic goals, vision, workforce management, performance measures, and strategies used in agency programs, policies and initiatives;
- Shape systems to promote an organizational culture that supports continuous improvement (LEAN) and embraces equity and social justice for employees;
- Manage and provide day to day leadership to Human Resources and Finance teams;
- Lead Employee Engagement and Equity & Social justice initiatives. Engage with labor partners and employees to continue to build on efforts;
- Foster a culture of innovation and sustained change with a strong sense of how to develop and offer new products and services;
- Utilize internal and external resources, technology, and continuous improvement techniques to report metrics, improve processes, create more capacity, and deliver greater value;
- Act as director when director is unavailable.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE FOR THIS ROLE WOULD:
- Bring a strong background in managing and providing strategic leadership to large, multi-faceted organizations including working collaboratively at all levels OR any combination of education and experience that clearly demonstrate the ability to perform the scope of job duties;
- Have an exceptional record of successfully developing and implementing strategic initiatives, policies, and systems;
- Be customer-focused and comfortable in advising and partnering with senior and executive-level management with complex initiatives, polices, and workplace/labor issues;
- Understand how to manage complex projects including scoping and organizing resources, developing work programs and facilitating multi-disciplinary teams;
- Have strategies and ideas to continue to build on a culture of employee engagement which supports the development, coaching, and team building necessary for the workforce of the future;
- Be able to persevere and adapt as required, while working in a multi-faceted and sometimes ambiguous environment.
This recruitment is open to all applicants and will remain open until filled. A resume and cover letter detailing how you are the ideal candidate for this position is highly recommend.
Applications received by Sunday, March 3, 2019 will receive first consideration.
If you have any questions, please contact Robert James at, 206-263-9414, or email@example.com.