Do you believe the work you do should enrich the lives of others and improve the world in which we live? Would you like to work in a dynamic environment that values unique perspectives and colleagues who are passionate about learning? If so, we have a place for you at Education Northwest.
Education Northwest is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization dedicated to helping all children and youth reach their full potential. We partner with public, private, and community-based organizations to address educational inequities and improve student success. While most of our work centers on the Pacific Northwest, our evaluations, technical assistance, and research studies have national impact and provide timely and actionable results.
We are looking for a Manager our Center for Research, Evaluation and Analysis.
Supervisory Responsibility: Assign work and supervise up to 10 professional staff
- Manage large-scale quantitative and mixed methods research projects from scoping and budgeting to negotiating with clients to managing project teams
- Lead collaborative teams working to build the capacity of education leaders and other clients to use research evidence to improve educational outcomes for underserved populations
- Manage projects to ensure all deliverables are completed on time and on budget
- Provide guidance and oversight for staff in conceptualizing and conducting high-quality educational research studies and evaluations, with a particular focus on projects that use advanced quantitative approaches, including but not limited to experimental and quasi-experimental methods
- Conduct quality assurance reviews at all phases of the research process to ensure reports and products are of the highest quality
- Lead business development and generate new applied research and evaluation projects through partnership, proposal development, and grant writing
- Develop and manage strategic relationships with stakeholders in the region and across the nation
- Supervise and mentor up to 10 researchers and senior researchers, providing ongoing feedback and coaching to help them grow professionally and meet personal and organizational goals
- Work collaboratively with staff from other organizational units; support supervisees in cross-organizational work
- Work as a member of the Center leadership team to implement and continually improve Center processes and procedures, including research administration, data security and quality assurance
- Communicate to the broader professional community through published papers, research briefs, policy briefs, contributions to social and popular media, and presentations at regional and national conferences
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Ideal Candidates will possess
- Ph.D. or equivalent in education research, public policy, applied social science or a related field
- Demonstrated expertise in advanced quantitative research and evaluation methods including knowledge of leading edge methods across multiple applied research disciplines
- 10+ years’ experience after earning doctorate degree leading educational research and evaluation projects
- 10+ years’ experience and a successful track record writing proposals for research studies or evaluation work
- Demonstrated success in securing multi-million dollar research and evaluation portfolios through contracts and grants
- Strong project management skills and experience scoping and directing large projects and/or project tasks ($500,000 or more)
- Extensive experience managing multifunction and multilevel teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated experience building the capacity of diverse educational stakeholders including schools and districts, state and federal agencies, universities and university systems, policymakers, and/or community organizations
- Expert knowledge in at least one of the following areas of focus: teaching, leading and learning, early childhood education, English learners, social and emotional learning and career and technical education
- Experience and/or enthusiasm in working in culturally diverse environments with a commitment to equity
- Knowledge of federal research and technical assistance programs in education
- Experience working in a professional services (billable hour) environment
- Demonstrated experience supervising and supporting professional staff
Travel and other Physical Demands/Conditions:
- Up to 25% out-of-office travel with overnight stays of up to a week at a time
- Reside in greater Portland, Oregon area or be willing to relocate
Interested in being a part of this amazing and diverse team of dedicated individuals? Please submit your resume and cover letter at https://jobs.localjobnetwork.com/job/detail/35683864/Manager-Applied-Research-and-Evaluation
Please include salary requirements in your cover letter.
Position will remain open until filled
Find out more about Education Northwest by connecting with us on Facebook, http://www.facebook.com/educationnorthwest and/or following us on Twitter, https://twitter.com/#!/educationnw
Education Northwest is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.