FMC Corporation is a leading specialty company focused on agricultural technologies. FMC provides innovative and cost-effective solutions to enhance crop yield and quality by controlling a broad spectrum of insects, weeds and disease, as well as in non-agricultural markets for pest control. FMC is a globally diverse organization that offers its employees exciting opportunities to work on challenging projects that are important to the achievement of our strategic objectives. Your education and professional experience are valued and put to use from day one. Your success at completing key initiatives can result in a varied, progressive and fulfilling career with FMC. With a corporate culture of innovation, integrity, responsibility and customer intimacy, we foster “The Right Chemistry” in everything we do. We are looking for people to join us in creating, developing, and improving our products, our processes, and our markets. If you are ready to make a difference every day, FMC is ready to talk to you.
Wyoming is one of two formulation plants for FMC Agricultural Solutions in the US and plays a key role in supporting the business growth. At a high level, this role is responsible for all aspects of production execution and engineering at the Wyoming site including schedule compliance, production line and labor productivity, product quality and yield, operator training / on-boarding, new product scale up, and ensuring safe operations. The role reports to the plant manager and oversees 5 salaried staff, 30+ operators, and 10-15 seasonal, temporary workers. In addition, this person will play a key role in introducing new products to the site and driving successful implementation of various engineering projects.
- Lead a team of four supervisors, production scheduler, production specialist, and 30+ hourly employees in the safe execution of site production activities.
- Provide strong safety leadership and shop floor presence, actively promoting safe behaviors and operator engagement. Coach direct reports in safety leadership to ensure alignment with safety as a core value.
- Work with site EHS Specialist in the implementation of site safety policies and procedures, as well as execution of all required environmental compliance activities.
- Ensure that all safety procedures and standards are followed including: Incident Reporting, MOCs, Safe Work Permits, Adherence to PPE requirements, etc.
- Assist with personal and process safety root cause investigations and execution of action item completion.
- Execute the weekly production plan:
- Ensure that all products are produced on time, and within quality specifications.
- Monitor equipment and labor efficiencies and drive improvements.
- Monitor product yields and material usage variances.
- Lead the delivery of continuous improvement initiatives in the areas of cost, throughput, and quality.
- Work with site Lab Supervisor to ensure effective quality control and assurance systems are in place and being executed.
- Support overall site capital improvement plan, including developing and leading capital investment projects, and facilitating the timely execution of corporate engineering project initiatives.
- Support the introduction of new products to the site, including participation in design and safety reviews, development of SOP’s, training materials, and monitoring initial scale-up.
- Work with Production Scheduler to optimize the production schedule to minimize cost and improve schedule attainment.
- Develop and implement flexible labor scheduling models to increase plant sprint capacity during peak seasons, including the evaluation of full time and seasonal worker utilization.
- Provide on-going performance feedback to production personnel and assist in hourly employee skill development plans.
- Ensure that safety and operational training qualification systems are effective and executed for full time and seasonal personnel.
- Manage progressive discipline with support from site HR Manager.
- Bachelors in Engineering required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering required.
- ~5 years' experience
- Working knowledge of lean manufacturing techniques (Kaizen, SMED, 5S, etc.) and statistical process improvement tools.
- 6-sigma green or black belt preferred.
- Strong Computer Skills: Microsoft Office knowledge including expert level Excel, SAP knowledge preferred, Minitab or other statistical tool.
- Ability to manage a high workload, and multiple priorities.
- Result driven and self-starter.
- Demonstrated change management skills.
At FMC, diversity and inclusion are in our DNA. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to creating an inclusive workplace where all employees can thrive – regardless of race, gender, sex, pregnancy, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, color, age, religion or religious creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. FMC also supports employee participation in company employee resource groups that celebrate the diverse backgrounds of our workforce by providing communities for employees to connect with each other and raise awareness throughout FMC.