ABOUT MEET MINNEAPOLIS
The mission of the Meet Minneapolis, Convention + Visitors Association, is to market, sell and maximize the visitor experience of Minneapolis for the economic benefit of our community.
As a non-profit organization, we are proud and passionate about being a key source of inspiration and information for the millions of visitors, event planners, convention center attendees and sports fans that are looking to come to enjoy all the exciting and diverse experiences that a visit to Minneapolis offers.
Under the direction of the Director of Sales and Marketing at the Minneapolis Convention Center and the Director of Brand Strategy at Meet Minneapolis, the Marketing Manager will lead and manage the Minneapolis Convention Center marketing initiatives, assisting to drive awareness of both the building and Minneapolis as the destination of choice. Self-motivation, clear communication skills and strong project management will be keys to success in this role.
This position will be located primarily at the Minneapolis Convention Center, with approximately 20% time spent at Meet Minneapolis office.
AREAS OF PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY AND FOCUS:
- Collaborate with the Director of Sales and Marketing at the Minneapolis Convention Center and Director of Brand Strategy, along with internal teams, on the development of the strategic direction and execution for marketing campaigns including content development, email, web, social, video, print collateral, tradeshows/events, sales presentations and advertising.
- Serve as the collective and strategic marketing resource for internal clients at the Minneapolis Convention Center, primarily lead by the executive team.
- Proactively suggest and implement initiatives that support the Minneapolis’ Convention Center’s projects and goals, such as client events, sales calls, Minneapolis Convention Center sponsorships and ancillary revenue opportunities.
- Write creative brief assignments and oversee the design and execution of creative messages and advertising plans for assigned segments, and others organizational initiatives as assigned.
- Work closely with Meet Minneapolis PR team to ensure effective earned messaging to support owned and paid strategies.
- Provide connective support and information sharing between the Minneapolis Convention Center and Meet Minneapolis around events occurring at the Minneapolis Convention Center or groups utilizing the space, highlighting activities with potential for media interest.
- Manage Marketing budget.
- Complete periodic reporting of activities and results, as required; maintains accurate project records and ensures deadlines are met.
- Track, analyze, and measure ROI by campaign to help drive decisions and marketing effectiveness.
- All other duties, market segments or organizational initiatives as assigned.
- BS/BA in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or related field.
- 3+ years' experience in a related marketing/agency client service and project management role (Preferably B2B and B2C experience) or equivalent experience.
- Proven success creating, executing and reporting on multi-channel marketing programs
- Working knowledge of Adobe InDesign or other design programs
- Working knowledge of web content management system preferred
- Ability to work well within a team environment and independently
- Ability to manage complex projects involving cross-track progress and results.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Capable of exercising independent judgment, discretion and initiative, while utilizing tact and courtesy with organizational and partner representatives, vendors, government officials and the general public.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines, under pressure and on multiple projects at once.
- Ability to take initiative, work independently and seek guidance as needed.
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written form.
- Local and overnight travel will be limited, but may be required.
Meet Minneapolis offers a competitive salary and incentive program. Salary commensurate with experience.
Meet Minneapolis offers a generous benefits package including: medical, dental, STD/LTD, Life Insurance, 401(k), vacation and sick time.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee will be required to:
- Walk, sit, bend and squat
- Talk and hear
- Grab, pull or bend items
- Lift and/or carry up to 25 lbs.
- View items at a close and distant range
- Sit for extended periods of time
- Use computers for extended periods of time
- General office environment.
- Occasional partner and member events outside of the office, trade shows, sales calls or other events.
Note: Job Descriptions are not exhaustive lists of all skills, responsibilities, or efforts associated with a job. They reflect principal job elements essential for performing the job and evaluating performance. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than as an “at will” relationship.
Meet Minneapolis’ culture is inclusive and encourages the positive and mutually-beneficial development of our organization, industry and individual staff members. Our core values are Accountability, Inclusion, Passion and Collaboration
Meet Minneapolis is an equal opportunity employer.