Network and Telecommunications Support and Troubleshooting
Positions Location: Okemos, MI
General Purpose of Job:
Under general supervision, assists in day to day support operations of all voice and data services. Performs installations, maintenance, and testing of all Network services. Performs troubleshooting and repair of deployed services. Promotes all aspects of the ITIL framework through strict adherence to company policy and procedures.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Caregivers may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Knows, understands, incorporates, and demonstrates the Sparrow Health System Mission, Vision, and Values in behaviors, practices, and decisions.
- Designs, Documents, Installs, Tests, and Maintains all Network Services standard products as defined by the service catalog's service list.
- Assists in the establishment of procedures, drawings, checklists, and related documentation.
- Assists other IT groups with installation, troubleshooting, monitoring, and delivery of services as required to meet established service level agreements (SLA).
- Assists in the maintenance of software and hardware updates, patches, and upgrades to Network service devices, appliances, and servers.
- Assists in the monitoring and alerting processes and procedures for deployed operational services.
- Assists with product research and system design to insure industry best practices are followed and good stewardship of Sparrow assets are maintained.
- Performs required documentation and reporting of system faults and change to the enterprise by following established ITIL processes as they are adopted by the organization.
- Escalates issues that cannot be resolved prior to the expiration of established service level agreements to management for follow-up and/or direction. Maintains ownership of said issues until resolved or transferred.
- Works closely with customers and other IT departments to coordinate the delivery or repair of standard services.
- Maintains and positive and professional attitude, demeanor and appearance at all times.
- Certifications from Cisco, Nortel, Check Point, Siemens, and/or form nationally accredited bodies in the telecommunications field (i.e. RCDD), preferred
- 1-2 years in the telecommunication or network management fields
- Associate's degree in relevant field or technical institute degree/certification
- Bachelor's degree, preferred
Specialized Knowledge and Skills
- Basic IP networking knowledge and/or Telephony knowledge
- Strong customer service skills
- Solid skills and abilities with IP networking and/or telephony, preferred
- Exceptional customer service skills, preferred
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.