Title: Internal Controls Manager
Employer: Client Confidential
Location: Atlanta GA
This position will provide leadership and direction in the new centralized Internal Controls & Compliance team. The Internal Controls & Compliance team will be responsible for risk assessment, planning, controls design, testing, and reporting system-wide SOX results to Registrant’s and Shared Services’ management across the system.
This position will be responsible for executing the new consolidated SOX strategy and assist with the creation and establishment of the new organization as well as new procedures/processes. Developing and enhancing relationships with the Registrants and Shared Services will be critical to ensure success of the new organization.
Occasional overnight travel will be required.
- Education & Certifications
- A bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in Accounting
- Certification (such as CPA) is strongly desired
- Prior experience supervising employees is required
- Prior Internal Controls or Internal Auditing experience performing risk assessments, walk-throughs, controls design, control testing, and deficiency evaluations is desired
- Proven ability to conceptualize, develop and implement strategic decisions
Preferred Areas of Knowledge
- Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002
- Auditing Standard 5
- COSO 2013 Internal Control Framework
- Financial risks and controls mitigating these risks
- Accounting policies, procedures, and supporting computer systems
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Security and Exchange Commission rules and reporting requirements
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Effectively resolve conflict, confront disagreements positively, and express different points of view
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels of management
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and foster lasting relationships
- Effective leadership skills with an emphasis on employee development
- Effective organization skills as well as project development and management skills, along with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Good business judgment and decision-making skills and the ability to understand stakeholder’s needs and implement processes to address these needs
- Excellent teamwork abilities both within immediate team as well as across the enterprise
Major Job Responsibilities
- Create strategy to effectively manage top down risk based approach to comply with Sarbanes-Oxley for all Registrants. This includes controls rationalization, effective control design & testing assessments.
- Partner with enterprise-wide stakeholders to gain a clear understanding of organizational goals and business objectives to ensure compliance efforts are achieved efficiently and effectively.
- Create strategy and coordinate Internal Audit SOX testing activities for specialty areas such as automated controls testing, Information Produced by Entity (IPE) testing, or other key business areas as needed .
- Work closely with and coordinate external audit SOX activities
- Help manage non-SOX related activities performed by the department, which may include (but are not limited to) Disclosure Controls & Procedures (DCP), Executive Compensation Analysis, controls monitoring/certifications, approval limit exceptions, Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliance, and Management Representations Letters, as needed.
- Provide internal controls design expertise for special projects, such as GAS Systems Integrations and Lease Accounting Standards Implementation, as needed.
- Continuously identify process improvements to achieve Company goals efficiently and effectively.
- Manage and provide guidance to direct reports, performance management, and other supervisory responsibilities.
- Effectively assess and evaluate deficiencies timely and properly communicate status to impacted stakeholders.
How to Apply
***Qualified candidates only ****