Title: Income Tax Accounting Manager
Employer: Client Confidential
Location: Atlanta GA or Birmingham AL
- Manage the monthly, quarterly and year-end tax accounting computations reported under ASC 740 & ASC 980 to the SEC
- Manage Sarbanes Oxley processes related to income tax accounting.
- Manage, review and approve income tax position forecasts, and updates to the financial plan, and ensure consistent tax modeling
- Coordination, review and oversight of Regulatory income tax positions included in retail and wholesale rate filings
- Ability to manage and collaborate with peers and other tax accounting teams to ensure accurate jurisdiction reporting for multi-state and unitary positions
- Communicate complex income tax accounting impacts and issues with various levels of management
- Lead and develop tax accounting team
- Successfully implement company policy
- Contribute to the development of strategic plans for workflow efficiency and automation in Tax Accounting
- Strong sense of responsibility and motivation to achieve organizational goals
- Strong ability to plan, organize and drive results
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong decision-making skills and resilience in rapidly changing or stressful conditions
- Ability to self-direct and manage/coordinate needs of multiple diverse groups
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills with peers, other functional leaders (financial planning, regulatory analysis), executive management and external auditors/stakeholders
- Ability to Influence at multiple levels of the organization
- Demonstrates “Our Values” of Safety First, Superior Performance, Total Commitment and Unquestionable Trust in all interactions.
- Ethical Behavior: Is widely trusted; deals fairly and ethically with everyone; presents facts in an honest and direct manner; maintains strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Innovation: Looks for ways to improve workplace effectiveness; solicits the creative ideas of others; efficiently works within budget and time constraints; exhibits willingness to work out of comfort zone.
- Diversity: Values differences in people; understands different perspectives and frames of reference; recognizes the link between diversity and organizational success and supports an inclusive workplace.
- Customer Focus: Dedicated to meeting expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; maintains effective relationships across organizations.
- Teamwork: Communicates openly and values honesty; listens to others; works with others toward common goals.
- CPA required
- 3+ years management experience
- Strong knowledge of ASC 740 and ASC 980, and IRS normalization requirements for regulated utilities (gas or electric)
- Proven knowledge and experience of managing multi-state income tax provisions
- Recent SEC reporting and audit support experience preferred
- Public accounting experience a plus
- Rate-making experience a plus • Knowledge of Provision and PowerTax modules of PowerPlan a plus
How to Apply
***Qualified candidates only ****