The Sales Director, Territory Accounts is responsible for the overall coordination, functional management and leadership of all of the sales activities for assigned Territory Accounts of Valmont Utility Division.
Managing those functions essential to sales force productivity and goal achievement, this position is responsible for the overall productivity and effectiveness of the assigned sales organization. Specific duties include customer relationship management, sales plan development and implementation, sales reporting, objective setting and management consistent with company objectives, demand generation, sales process optimization, sales job design, sales training, sales program implementation, and recruiting and selection of sales force talent.
Reporting to the Vice President Sales, the Sales Director, Territory Accounts will ensure the objectives and priorities established by Valmont Utility are implemented by the sales organization in the U.S. and Canada.
* Minimum 10 years of demonstrated sales team management and leadership experience with a track record of consistent and exemplary achievement
* Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or equivalent upper sales management experience and continuing/college education
* Demonstrated mathematical aptitude, exceptional financial acumen
* Ability to deliver a clear and compelling value proposition to customers/partners
* Experience in a complex sales environment, managing large and demanding customer accounts
* Team player; must be able to work collaboratively with others from all areas of Valmont
* Decisive problem-solving ability and capability to assess people and situations with accuracy
* Confident self-starter with integrity and accountability
* Outstanding oral and written communication skills, as well as strong negotiation and strong managerial/leadership skills
* Exceptional skills in hiring, training and motivating sales people
* Highly motivated, competitive, and entrepreneurial individual with a desire to tackle challenging opportunities
* Must be able to effectively and persuasively present complex information in a simply way to executive level audiences
* Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
* Up to 50% Travel
* Utility industry experience preferred
* MBA, supported with sales experience