This position is responsible for all the functions of the payroll process including wage and salaried payroll, data processing, and expenditures, to ensure timely compensation of employees. This position reports to and receives general direction from the Payroll Manager. Reporting to the Payroll Supervisor are the Payroll Specialist and the Payroll Administrator.
- Direct the preparation of the wage roll payroll and prepare related reports in accordance to state and federal regulations, established procedures, and contract instructions to ensure employees are accurately compensated in a timely manner.
- Compile data and prepare reports concerning non-working allowances such as bonuses, surpluses, shortages, and funeral leave, to comply with contract agreements. Prepare the Accident and Sickness Payroll and the Supplemental Unemployment Benefits.
- HControl and assist in the preparation of monthly journal entries and quarterly wage and salary reports for the fiscal year calendar in compliance with the state, federal, and company requirements
- Supervise and assist in the distribution and maintenance of payroll records and related reports in compliance with regulations and retention period parameters and requests from financial institutions, legal firms, agencies regarding child support and welfare, support bureaus and for determination of workers’ compensation weekly benefits
- Monitor employee vacations and overtime
- Coordinate pensions and audit wage roll pensions to ensure timely processing
- Undertake special projects assigned by the Payroll Manager and perform all other related duties
- Associate’s degree in Accounting.
- Two to three years experience in general accounting and payroll
- Knowledge and familiarity in general accounting principles and procedures including state and federal regulations and all other regulations applicable; general ledgers, payroll administration, database entry, and related tax reporting. Knowledge in computer software applications required.
- Good communication and supervisory skills.
- Ability to work well with others, self-motivated, detail-oriented, possess a mathematical aptitude, and able to provide professional insight to enhance the quality of the organization.