The Product Manager is responsible for the execution of the division goals through the creation and maintenance of the market and product strategy as well as the management of the commercial profitability of the market channel and associated product lines. Managing the vision for growth and profitability of the market channel will require combining primary and secondary research and feedback from sales, business development, operations and external market resources.
* Establishes the product plan / strategy and roadmap in support of the divisional strategy.
* Identify the business and operational requirements based upon customer needs and market feedback.
* Develops the new product introduction plan based on voice of the customer input and market research.
* Analyze the customer detail and market potential to provide product forecast guidance.
* Researches and understands price/value in each respective segment and optimizes gross profit margin by driving cost reductions, adjusting price, or exiting markets.
* Works with Business Development team to develop acquisition strategy and targets.
* Analyze the competitive landscape determining market capacity and provide guidance on margins and lead times.
* Provide margin and lead time guidance to Project Administration team.
* Provides financial analysis on product line profitability for current and potential customers or projects.
* Works with Business Development team to deploy product plan and ensure clear communication of product segment objectives.
* Analysis of bids and forecast to determine win / loss ratios to provide quote strategy by customer type and region.
* Executes and maintains the product segmentation process.
* Assists in the marketing plan development for new product introductions within the product segment.
* Leads the new product development process and takes responsibility for quantifying market value and financial viability of proposed products. Applies project management tools as appropriate..
* Manages the product portfolio by charting product life cycle, adding to or trimming the offering based on market requirements and competitive landscape.
* Works closely with the Marketing Department to develop, fund and execute, ROI-based integrated marketing communications campaigns that influence target audiences and grow sales. Develops and implements a brand strategy as appropriate.
* Provides timely and consistent communication on the analysis of market share, margins, and competitive landscape to divisional leadership.
* Effectively communicates and trains the business development and sales force on the product strategy / plan.
* Develops and communicates responses and company positions in response to product specific challenges.
* Communicates the current win / loss opportunity detail to the sales and business development team.
* Develops innovative methods and materials to train customers on the product and to train our sales force on how to sell the associated value proposition.
* Keeps abreast of industry trends and competitor activity, anticipate competitor responses and manage the product line accordingly. Communicates key information to all stakeholders.
* Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Engineering, or equivalent from an accredited university
* Minimum 5 years of demonstrated product leadership experience with a track record of consistent and exemplary achievement.
* Demonstrated mathematical aptitude, exceptional financial acumen.
* Decisive problem-solving ability and capability to assess people and situations with accuracy.
* Confident self-starter with integrity and accountability.
* Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
* Highly motivated, competitive, and entrepreneurial individual with a desire to tackle challenging opportunities.
* Must be able to effectively and persuasively present complex information in a simple way to executive level audiences.
* Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
* Able to travel up to 35% including overnight stays and internationally.
* MBA Degree
* Previous experience in the telecommunications industry.
* Previous experience giving professional sales/marketing presentations to senior level company officials and line workers.
* Prior successful experience overseeing and driving product development and new product launches.