Valmont Industries, Inc. is looking for a highly motivated, innovative, sales professional to join our team. The ideal candidate will have 5-10+ years of consultative, technical sales experience in construction, or, a related industry with a proven track record. The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for developing new business opportunities and managing relationships with existing clients, architects, and brokers.
* Proactively engage with prospective customers by identifying and developing consultative relationships with key industry decision makers to generate on-going new business opportunities.
* Aggressively achieve or exceed monthly, quarterly and annual sales and growth goals by securing new business.
* Create and recognize selling opportunities by utilizing industry and market knowledge.
* Develop a network within the industry that includes joining/participating in associations and attending events and conferences as well as participating at a leadership level as appropriate.
* Align selling strategies with business and organizational objectives.
* Prepare, deliver, and follow through with sales proposals/presentations to close the sale.
* Help define and develop project scopes, goals, expectations, and deliverables.
* Assist with the coordination of analyzing the best use of resources, labor, equipment and vendors for jobs and installations.
* Coordinate and deliver project completion by meeting or exceeding budget, timeline, and quality expectations.
* Engage with sales, product, and marketing team members within Valmont to refer opportunities for growth based on industry knowledge and customer interactions.
* Performs other duties as required.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Engineering or related field OR equivalent work experience
* Minimum of five (5) years management and business development experience in a construction environment; proven architectural sales history
* Broad and in-depth business background with a reasonable working knowledge of the technical aspects of design/build construction
* Experience in B2B Relationship Management
* Computer skills comparable to fulfill responsibilities and duties (MS Excel, MS Word, Power Point, MS Outlook, Visio and CRM)
* Exceptional communication skills both verbal and written; ability to interact with any level within an organization including the presentation of key items within the architectural space as directed
* Ability to self-motivate, multi-task, and work independently or within a team
* Unwavering commitment to customer satisfaction and commitment to conducting business with integrity and high ethical standards
* Excellent analytical ability to identify market opportunities; adaptability, creative, and tenacity in pursing new business
* Desire to be a successful contributing part of a well-established growth company
* Ability to travel up to 75% as needed
* Project management experience is preferred