The Infrastructure & Operations (I&O) Sr. Director at Micron is a Senior Leader role reporting directly to the CIO. The I&O Sr. Director at Micron, is responsible for providing leadership within the company to plan, manage, and implement servers for web access and applications including operating systems, address/naming servers, security hardware/software, utilities, statistics and monitoring software and other web management components. The I&O Sr. Director is responsible for overall connectivity of devices, system maintenance to include all service desk activities, backend data management, and protection of intellectual property.
- Champions the IT organization and lead engineers to deliver strategy, planning, documentation and processes for backend data, connectivity, and maintenance
- Makes strategic platform business recommendations to the executive team including new features, new technologies, cost saving strategies, improve processes and resource planning
- Develops and operationalizes the platform infrastructure roadmap; remains abreast of new technology trends and leading practices to meet business needs
- Develops and executes strategies to ensure scaling and security architecture and implementation
- Makes appropriate decisions to enable quality informatics service delivery and connectivity, including efficient management of service desk incident handling
- Oversees planning, installation, control and management of exceptional situations in relation to quality web services as part of an overall information system
- Collaborates with functional business partners to optimize effectiveness and efficiency of systems
- Propels forward the integrity of the Micron’s intellectual property and web infrastructure to support the uninterrupted continuation of business activities
- 10+ years technical leadership experience in Software Solution Engineering, IT Infrastructure, and/or similar functions.
- A BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience
- Experience leading infrastructure teams in an agile delivery environment
- Passion, energy, personal accountability and a desire to lead others to excellence
- Proven track record of building high performance, self-managing teams
- Track record in driving strategic change in resourcing, tools and process
- Demonstrated ability to provide strategic vision and execution against a strategic plan
- Capable of leading technology change with excellent strategic and technical thought leadership, and a strong focus on delivering card member value
- Proven ability to build and lead teams at scale across multiple geographies
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including strong decision-making, prioritization, and negotiation
We recruit, hire, train, promote, discipline and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person's race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, veteran’s status, or other classifications protected under law. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for team members' disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Each manager, supervisor and team member is responsible for carrying out this policy. The EEO Administrator in Human Resources is responsible for administration of this policy. The administrator will monitor compliance and is available to answer any questions on EEO matters.
To request assistance with the application process, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 (or 208-368-4748).