Video Corporation of America, a leading systems integrator, is seeking a skilled and organized CAD Operator supporting integrated systems for Professional Audio/Video and Broadcast Industries. These skills will be used in application support for architectural implementation and wiring diagrams of assigned projects. We offer the opportunity to work on world class projects. This position is full-time with competitive pay and benefits package.
Reporting Relationship: Director of Engineering
Responsible for partnering with our experienced Engineering & Project Management staff to produce system wiring and architectural coordination documentation for integrated mission critical and high profile integrated audiovisual, videoconferencing and broadcast systems.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Produces comprehensive system wiring and architectural documentation including signal flow documents, system wiring details, architectural details, mounting details, floor plans, reflected ceiling plans, equipment location drawings, etc. for audiovisual, videoconferencing, and broadcast designs.
- This includes the following types of systems for control rooms, operations centers, network operations center, boardrooms, conference rooms, visualization labs, executive briefing centers, classrooms, and training rooms:
- Display systems, Routing and switching systems, Signal processing, Control systems, Equipment racks, Audio systems, Lighting systems, Videoconferencing systems, Ethernet networks
- Assist Engineering preparing CAD drawings using AutoCAD
- Store drawings in project file system; maintain proper version control
- Support and maintain VCA drawing standards
- Utilize and contribute to centralized block library
- Provide Engineers with schedule projections and regular status reports
- Alert Director of Engineering & Director of Technical Operations when timescales cannot be met
- Process As-Built drawings in a timely fashion at project completion
- Coordinate delivery and receipt of CAD deliverables
- Perform data extraction tasks from AutoCAD drawings
- Perform other CAD related tasks as requested by Director of Engineering
- Minimum of 1-2 years of AutoCAD experience required. REVIT experience is a plus
- Fluent in use of AutoCAD, all current versions
- Basic working knowledge of Revit
- Able to extract data and symbol attributes from drawings for use outside of AutoCAD
- Create AutoCAD Macros and LISP executables to automate processes
- Bachelorâ€™s Degree or Degree from recognized CAD Training facility
- Minimum of 1-2 yearsâ€™ CAD Drafting experience (CAD Training Degree)
- Architectural design and/or working knowledge, including room layouts, power requirements, conduit requirements, cooling requirements, reflected ceiling layouts, wall elevations
- Electrical/electronic systems design and/or working knowledge, including wiring diagrams and cable pull lists
- Current knowledge of commercial/professional audiovisual, videoconferencing and broadcast equipment
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Visio, Internet.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- A Plus for Infocomm CTS certification. Required within first year of employment.
- A Plus for Audio Visual & Broadcast industry experience
Personal Traits & Demands:
- You should be interested and curious by nature. You should be able to have exceptional focus and attention to details. You should be able to maintain professionalism, self-motivation and self-discipline under all circumstances. You should be able to manage and deliver multiple projects on-schedule with a high regard and consideration of project on-time completion. You should enjoy sharing of knowledge and solutions to challenges.
- VCA offers a competitive salary, health benefits, 401k, dental, vision, generous personal time off, life insurance, and other elective benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on an individual's race, creed, color, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age, sex (including pregnancy), familial status, marital/civil union status, religion, domestic partnership status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait, genetic information, liability for military service, and mental or physical disability (including perceived disability, and AIDS and HIV status).