Responsibilities include directing the activities for sales and account program management. Main activities include leading the development and execution of the sales plan, commercial strategies and other key activities for their respective current and target customer assignments leading to profitable growth and positive customer perception.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Develop and grow relationships by maintaining a visible presence within the customer base.
- Lead company activities related to the quoting and launch of new customers and/or markets.
- Manage and lead the execution of commercial strategies from the detection of opportunity targeting, RFQ generation and award negotiation.
- Address/resolve any information gaps that prevent the quote team from providing a high quality RFQ response to the customer.
- Track all relevant customer information including pricing history, pending quotes, purchase orders, open issues, customer metrics and current/future product volumes.
- Commercial issue resolution through launch and product build-out.
- Develop a working knowledge of the HFI product, costs and supplier costs.
- Monitoring and development of departmental metrics for the areas of responsibility.
- Foster a collaborative and productive working relationship among areas of responsibility and the rest of the organization.
- Creatively and strategically negotiate sales pricing to customer with the strong basis for total product costs and profitability.
- Lead a cross-functional team to achieve the deliverable, cost and timing objectives of new program launches/build-outs associated with all HFI production facilities.
- Lead the resolution of launch and commercial issues within assigned programs within the production facilities.
- Developing & maintaining an understanding of the customer philosophies and inner workings, the decision hierarchies and processes, current and target customer business and the competitive landscape.
Candidates must have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree and previous business to business sales experience.
The ideal candidate has seven or more years of experience as a manager, lead sales experience or sales role within the automotive industry supporting both the Japanese and North American-based OEM’s and Tier 1 Suppliers, ideally in the field of Interiors. This individual must have excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) with internal team members and external customers. Experience in automotive program management requirements and deliverables is expected.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Possesses strong analytical skills and the ability to expand capabilities in accordance with business changes.
- Demonstrated “Team Player” who motivates and educates other team members.
- Strong project management, organizational and process development and implementation skills.
- Ability to work in an entrepreneurial manner with customer development.
- Demonstrated problem solving and continuous improvement skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead, motivate, coach people in varying disciplines to achieve improved overall performance
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple priorities in a fast paced environment and consistently meet customer requirements.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills at multiple organizational levels.