HFI is a leading Tier II automotive supplier of high quality interior parts such as headrests, armrests, consoles, and other seating and door components. We specialize in details, craftsmanship, and skilled construction that elevate the driving experience. From elaborate sewing to small polyurethane foam and leather wrapped assembly, our products improve the look and feel of the vehicle you drive, providing comfort and luxury even on the road. We started out in 1954 as the House of Foam serving the furniture industry. Still privately owned, HFI has since evolved into an established automotive supplier serving a variety of OEMs across North America including Honda, Subaru and Ford. Grounded by our core principles of partnership, quality and value, we now employ over 3,500 people across 10 North American locations with our headquarters in Canal Winchester - just outside of Columbus, OH. Our unique culture fosters collaborative partnerships and new ideas in an innovative value driven business environment. HFI has proudly built its success with the support of our valued employees, some of which have been with us since HFI was founded as an automotive supplier in 1982. At such an exciting time for automotive technology and advanced mobility, we have a strong vision for growth and look forward to continue meeting the needs of our customers and the demanding market. We’re always looking to enhance our talent through the discovery of motivated and qualified candidates. Please visit our website to learn more about opportunities at HFI.
General position responsibilities
Responsibilities include management of production and the effective operations of the various production departments. Ensure that ISO 9000 procedural requirements are met. Other responsibilities may be defined by the General Manager.
Education and Training Requirements
This Plant Manager position requires a college degree in engineering or management and equivalent experience. Management experience in a manufacturing environment is required. Specific training to improve job skills will be discussed during each performance review.
I. Specific Responsibilities
4. Communicate potential delivery delays to appropriate individuals within the company.
5. Provide reporting to management to demonstrate performance status relative to operating goals.
6. Supervise and schedule the activities of personnel assigned to these duties.
7. Lead production team on all launch and new product deliverables
8. Lead HFI’s continuous improvement activities using lean manufacturing techniques.
9. Meet or exceed plant labor effectiveness targets
10. Maintain Key Performance indicators (KPI’s) for production along with actions to improve.
11. Provide input to the capital planning process
12. Work Weekends as required
13. Demonstrate excellent attendance
14. Support all other activities as required.
To apply, please email resumes to Shaffer@hfi-inc.com