This Position is based in Allen Park, MI
This position is responsible for one or more Product Program(s) from ideation to launch. The Program Launch Manager leads the Launch/ APQP efforts and will work with other departments, team members and suppliers in accordance with Company procedures. The PLM must assure customer program milestones are met per program timing, as well as all deliverables as outlined within the Launch Process / APQP.
- Lead all aspects of product programs through the program management process.
- Lead the APQP Process.
- Prepares Product Launch Timelines.
- Coordinates sample development and delivery.
- Leads multi-department cost/planning review Meetings.
- Provides liaison between customer and manufacturing plant.
- Works with engineers, designers, purchasing and suppliers on changes and adjustments to Product/ Process.
- Consults with clients, vendors, and personnel in other departments to discuss and corrective actions and resolve issues.
- Develops launch budget. Ensures launch costs are within budget.
- Assures disciplined change management of engineering and commercial changes.
- Assures that all APQP records remain up to date.
- Ensures customer milestones are completed on time.
- Evaluates and improves company's program management processes.
- Supports the Cost Savings / VA VE efforts.
- Ensures financial budgets are followed.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (ME or IE) required.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Program Management.
- PMP certification.
- Strong cut, sew, foam, wrapping and assembly cost estimating background in the soft interior trim automotive industry.
- Strong understanding of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), Standardized Work.
- Strong CAD capabilities to analyze modify CATIA, NX, STP models.
- Knowledgeable of PPAP requirements.
- Ability to coach individuals to follow established procedures.
- Experience with part approval with the OEMS and Tier 1 customers (AAR, Construction, Validation, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills.
- Organized and detail-oriented.
- Bi-lingual (English & Spanish) preferred.
HFI is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.