The position is based in Obetz OH.
The Product Engineer is the engineering project lead for assigned development programs. The primary responsibility of the Product Engineer is to be the Technical “Face” of HFI to the customer’s engineering organization with a focus on New Model Development activities, support for program launches, and engineering design related issues on New Model and Current Product Lines within HFI facilities.
Major Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Development relationships within the customer Engineering and New Model Development organizations.
- Understand the competitive landscape and alternative processes that are currently being used and considered for the production of small parts products within Engineering
- Support the Development Engineers on proper process identification and documentation for initial trial builds to ensure that the proper target process is utilized and relevant issues are captured.
- Lead the Product and Program Development Process with clarifications of product specification, special characteristic and other product feasibility/quality assurance identifiers and ensure appropriate feedback to the customer engineering staff.
- Coordinate the technical aspects of trial events between Prototype Design Manager, Development Engineers, Program Launch Manager, Assembly Facilities and any other necessary department.
- Lead all Process related Program Launch Deliverables during the initial phase of all assigned program launches and support the transition of those deliverables to the Plant Based Engineering Team(s) including but not limited to: Operations Standards, PFMEAs, Process Flow Diagrams, Work Cell Layouts, and the leading of drawing reviews with the HFI program team and customer as needed.
- Support the BOM Development Process with clarifications and proper nomenclature of product and material-based specifications.
- Lead the Engineering Change Process on assigned programs and customers.
- Support implementation of Continuous Improvement Ideas on existing product lines based on process engineer suggestions.
- Support Plant-Based Process Engineers during initial and post program launch.
- Support Plant-Based Process Engineers for the resolution of highly-visible product quality issues.
- Support fixture design and GD&T application with tooling engineers, corporate quality engineers and metrologists.
Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in Engineering perferred experience working experience in a high-paced automotive engineering environment or a manufacturing environment.
The ideal candidate has experience of at least (3) three years a product engineering and development capacity, preferably in the automotive industry. The individual must have excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) and strong computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Databases). AutoCAD and other CAD experience would be a plus.
HFI is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.