Brentwood School, a vibrant and diverse K-12 independent school, is seeking an Administrative Assistant, East Campus Admissions to begin in June of 2017.
The Administrative Assistant, East Campus Admissions works as part of a team in a busy admissions office and report to the Director of Admissions, East Campus. This position is a mix of administrative/office support and customer service, as the Administrative Assistant, East Campus Admissions is the initial point of contact for prospective families. The Administrative Assistant, East Campus Admissions supports the East Campus Director of Admissions and the Admissions Office in the implementation of the admissions process for grades 7-12.
Duties & Responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Represent Brentwood School as the first point of contact for applicant families
- Oversee the creation and maintenance of all admissions files for grades 7-12
- Record applicant materials into the Blackbaud database and follow-up with families or schools for missing information as needed
- File application materials
- Maintain calendars for the Admissions Team. This includes the scheduling of interviews and tours and other appointments as needed
- Support the Admissions Office in the planning and execution of all 7-12 admissions events: open houses and transition events (some weekend work required)
- Track RSVP’s, create nametags, prepare materials, register applicants for events
- Coordinate and track files for the Admissions Committee process
- Interface with agencies, such as A Better Chance (ABC), The Independent School Alliance for Minority Affairs, and Young Eisner Scholars (YES)
- Manage the Parent Tour Guide program
- Order and maintain office supplies for the department
- Perform duties as assigned by the Director of Admissions, East Campus or the Senior Administrative Team
- High proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Google office suite
- Experience with databases is required.
- Discretion in dealing with sensitive and confidential admissions information
- Willingness and ability to prioritize assignments, look ahead at what might be needed next, and multitask
- Ability to communicate and maintain collegial relationships with all constituents: students, parents, teachers, and volunteers
- Energy, patience, and a sense of humor necessary to work effectively with others
- Capacity to work both independently and with a team
- An interest in and openness to professional growth and development
- A demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Ability to communicate in Spanish preferred
Brentwood School is dedicated to the creation of a diverse faculty and staff that better represents our student body and the city of Los Angeles. For further information about Brentwood School, please visit the School’s website: www.bwscampus.com.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume, and three references electronically to Lauren Windom, Director of Admissions, firstname.lastname@example.org.