This position works closely with management, outside legal counsel and employees at all levels regarding broad levels of legal expertise.
Some specific duties involve:
* Anticipating and mitigating potential legal problems within the organization and developing strategies to avoid litigation and reduce potential areas of risk
* Preparing, reviewing and negotiating company contracts, requests for proposals and other legal documents
* Working with business managers on regulatory matters
* Overseeing compliance and corporate governance issues.
* Overseeing the legal structure and governance requirements for the company’s domestic and foreign subsidiaries
* Coordinating and managing outside counsel and litigation to ensure effectiveness and alignment of outside counsel with Company objectives.
* Advising on employment matters and providing proactive guidance for compliance.
* Keeping informed of industry-specific regulations and ensuring that appropriate risk management strategies are in place.
* Developing the organization’s policies on industry-specific issues, corporate governance or regulatory affairs.
* Negotiating with outside parties on contractual issues and legal disputes, including settlement conferences.
* Anticipating and mitigating potential legal problems within the organization and developing strategies to avoid costly litigation and reduce potential areas of risk.
* Developing and communicating policies and procedures for the company’s standard of legal and ethical conduct.