Purchasing Manager, Utility
Sun. 03/12/17 11:59 PM Eastern Time
$66,542.00 - $102,806.00 Annually
GRU's Administrative Services Department currently has an opening for a qualified Purchasing Manager to plan and administer the programs and activities of GRU's Purchasing Division. GRU is seeking an individual with strong leadership skills, extensive experience in the Purchasing field, and a commitment to ensure the integrity of the purchasing process. To qualify for this position you must have graduated from a four year accredited college or university with major course work in public administration, business administration, purchasing management or related field of study; and have five years of purchasing administration experience in related area or any equivalent combination of education and experience. Preferred, but not required
- A master's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in public administration, business administration or related field is favorable.
- Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) credentials with the National Institute of Government Purchasing (NIGP), Institute of Supply Management (ISM) or the American Purchasing Society is a plus.
A typical work day may include
- Building strong relationships with GRU departments to work collaboratively on procurement-related needs
- Overseeing the application of purchasing laws, rules, policies and procedures throughout GRU's procurement process
- Supporting an 8 person procurement team
- Overseeing GRU's Small Business Program, working with the Office of Equal Opportunity on small business initiatives and participating in outreach events to expand the use of small businesses
- Administering GRU's Purchasing Card Program, maintaining procedures and providing training on use of the card, and ensuring cardholder's compliance with the procedures
- Implementing best practices for improving the procurement process
- Developing and providing procurement-related training to GRU staff
- Handling contract management concerns
- Responding to public record requests
- Establishing emergency procedures for procurement needs for urgent situations including utility outages and storm related events
- Developing reports as needed
Preference will be given to those candidates who possess:
- Experience with SAP
- Knowledge of Florida procurement and public record laws
- Experience leading a team of professional and administrative employees
- Governmental purchasing experience
For more information and to apply, please visit our Job Opportunities Page.