1 job(s) at The Phillips Collection
The Phillips Collection
The Phillips Collection, America’s First Museum of Modern Art, is one of the premier collections of Impressionist, modern, and contemporary art. Created by the visionary collector Duncan Phillips when he opened his home to the public in 1921, the museum’s intimate environment encourages people to make personal connections with art. Its permanent collection contains more than 5,000 works. The museum organizes numerous traveling exhibitions that expand scholarship and, combined with an active lending program, makes its works available to audiences throughout the world. The museum also produces some of the industry’s most effective and in-depth education programs for teachers and students. Its long-standing music program attracts top classical performers. The Phillips Collection is a privately-supported, not-for-profit organization that raises over 75% of its annual budget through contributions and earned revenue.
The Phillips Collection is currently seeking a Director of Corporate Relations. This person is responsible for meeting financial and partnership goals and for raising $750,000 annually from corporate supporters. He/She will develop and implement strategies for research, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship to expand the number of corporate donors and sponsors who maintain ongoing relationships with The Phillips Collection.
• Develop a comprehensive corporate fundraising plan and structure
• Establish a robust corporate membership program
• Explore a wide range of fundable opportunities for museum exhibitions, public programs, educational initiatives, special events, and visitor experiences
• Build relationships with existing and new corporate partners
• Create compelling collateral materials with benefits for each corporate level
• Lead corporate fundraising efforts for the annual Gala
• Identify, foster and maintain relationships with embassy partners
• Network at internal and external events that benefit The Phillips Collection
• Be an externally facing personality and ambassador for the museum
• Research and stay informed of corporate relations and activities in the DC area
• Function as a team player and leader within the development department
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor’s degree required, graduate degree preferred
• Five to seven years of frontline fundraising experience
• Skilled at establishing and cultivating relationships with donors
• Proven ability to secure funding through face-to-face presentations
• Extensive experience in devising strategic approaches to corporations and partners
• Keen commitment to inclusivity and diversity
• Knowledge of current philanthropic interests of corporations
• Ability to establish priorities, manage numerous assignments simultaneously and work well under pressure with keen attention to detail.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to exercise good judgment, demonstrate initiative, handle sensitive material in trustworthy manner and maintain confidentiality.
• Experience with Microsoft Office, Outlook e-mail and a fundraising database
• Knowledge of museums and art is a plus.
The Phillips Collection is an equal opportunity employer and administers all employment decisions and personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic disposition or carrier status, marital status, veteran status, personal appearance, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, or any other category protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.