1 job(s) at The Nature Conservancy
The Nature Conservancy is the leading conservation organization working to make a positive impact around the world in more than 60 countries, all 50 United States, and your backyard. Founded in 1951, the mission of The Nature Conservancy is to conserve the lands and waters on which all life depends. One of our core values is our commitment to diversity therefore we are committed to a globally diverse and culturally competent workforce. Visit www.nature.org/aboutus to learn more.
Become a force for nature and a healthy planet by joining the Rhode Island team. The work of this position will help provide public access to Rhode Island’s natural areas, protect freshwater sources for people and nature, and to preserve critical habitat .
We are looking for a detail-oriented Real Estate and Engineer Assistant with strong organizational skills to join our team to provide administrative, research, land acquisition, project management and other general assistance to program staff working toward the achievement of protection, conservation or restoration goals. The candidate will coordinate activities with multiple variables, setting realistic deadlines and managing the timeline. We appreciate collaborative approaches and encourage innovative ideas and recommendations. The ideal candidate will have a background and track record that includes:
• Bachelor’s degree in biology, ecology, natural resources management or related field and 2 years related work experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience with Microsoft Office suite.
• Experience coordinating multiple projects.
• Experience working with the public; other NGO and governmental agencies.
• Multi-lingual and multi-cultural or cross cultural experience appreciated
• Ability to coordinate multiple project with many variables, set realistic deadlines and manage a realistic timeframe.
• Experience utilizing databases for data entry and report production preferred
• Strong administrative skills including attention to detail and numerical ability.
• Ability to plan, administer and record results of work-team meetings and activities.
• Ability to report to and work with a diverse team of professionals.
Since its founding in 1951, The Nature Conservancy has protected more than 119 million acres of land and 5,000 miles of rivers worldwide. With the support of more than one million members, the Conservancy addresses the most pressing threats to our natural world. Through important and strategic partnerships, we are expanding the impact of our work, finding creative ways to fund that bigger vision and building long-term relationships with communities, government agencies and commercial businesses in order to conserve natural resources at a new scale.
If you have a personal passion for conserving and protecting the natural world with a belief in the mission, principles, and values of The Nature Conservancy’s approach to conservation, then please visit http://www.nature.org/careers to learn more.
To apply for this position, submit your cover letter and resume for position number 45424.
Application deadline is 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on June 6, 2017 .
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of men and women of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is apriority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.