1 job(s) at Service Employees International Union
Service Employees International Union
Washington, DC, United States
SEIU is looking for research associates for our national Health Care campaign located in Washington, DC. We are looking for self-starting, intellectually curious people who are excited about developing expertise in new areas of corporate research.
• Compiles, researches, presents and summarizes data on industries, companies, individuals, issues and other topics in support of SEIU's program.
• Responds to requests for information from Locals and appropriately defines and develops them; makes referrals as necessary.
• Synthesizes relevant facts/issues from a large amount of information/data.
• Works with Local Union staff to gather and provide information in a timely fashion.
• Develops and implements his/her weekly work plan; meets deadlines.
• Demonstrates the capability to learn and develop new skills.
• Performs other duties as required to support the department and its mission.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's degree in economics, business, statics, labor relations or a related field and two (2) years experience in research, with demonstrated ability in quantitative or qualitative research, even as a student. Successful completion of the required research test.
A resume and cover letter are required for all applications. Your cover letter should explain your reason for wanting to work for SEIU, an example of how you demonstrated success in a similar position and a description of how this position fits into your long-term career plan.
This position is part of a Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) and as such the incumbent is bound by the language of said agreement and party to all benefits, dues a nd requirements associated with being a member of a union and the (CBA).
SEIU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Relocation costs are not covered by SEIU.
SEIU is an Equal Opportunity Employer